Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Iran World Team Trials

Default Re: 2013 Iran World Team Trials

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    What about Jamal Mirzaei? Did he pass the test successfully? )))

Look at his arms:
    Attachment 3110

I don't think he uses only the national dish of Iran: rice, meat and pistachios. )))
    lol, I don't know, they sent him to hospital after his match vs Goudarzi, I don't know even if they tested him

After the match?? Did they wrestle at all?
    Mirzaei and Goudarzi reached the 5th round without any matches lost. They had to wrestle each other in that round. What I know - Mirzaei withdrew. When? Before or during the match?

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    After the match?? Did they wrestle at all?
    Mirzaei and Goudarzi reached the 5th round without any matches lost. They had to wrestle each other in that round. What I know - Mirzaei withdrew. When? Before or during the match?
    during the match, when Goudarzi was up 3-2.

This means - Mirzaei was clever. )) He withdrew in the 5th round and went to a hospital. This way he escaped the doping test. )))
    Goudarzi tried to do the same in the 6th, final round. He got "injured". But it was too late for this strategy. He was obviously still in the hall when the wrestlers were invited to visit the WC. )))

Question is Mirzaei or tatari at 96, i hope they send mirzaei, he has shown potential throughout his career but sometimes just doesn't perform.

Is it just me, or is there a LOT of drug accusations and positive tests associatied with Iranian wrestling lately?

Very interested to see how Taghavi wrestles with the new rules. I hope he takes this opportunity to make his matches more exciting, as he has incredible skill. If he goes to the world's he could arguably be the favorite (apparently Yonemitsu has health issues).

From what little I've seen of Tatari, he's very good and could definitely win a world medal.

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    Question is Mirzaei or tatari at 96, i hope they send mirzaei, he has shown potential throughout his career but sometimes just doesn't perform.
    I think Tatari is out of the picture, he wrestled twice in trials and lost both of them ! to Hassan Rahimi (not related to 55kg wrestler) and Alireza Goudarzi. It's probably between Mirzaei and Daliri. I checked the results once again, Daliri was really lucky, he beat two unknown wrestlers in 1st and 2nd rounds, then he beat Hamed Talebi (former World Junior Champion) in 3rd round before losing to Goudarzi in 4th round . he had a bye in 5th round before his final once again against Goudarzi !! so he won the tournament by beating one of his rivals !!

but if they disqualify Goudarzi, it won't be fair for wrestlers who lost to him ! I think the only "fair" solution is having another trial with all of the candidates plus Yazdani, Ganji, Abbas Tahan and Erfan Amiri.

I think that is the best solution is there any update on yazdani? And are there any videos from the trials available?

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    I think that is the best solution is there any update on yazdani? And are there any videos from the trials available?
    Yazdani is still training hoping for another chance !

but they will send Mirzaei and Daliri to a tournament in Poland, so it's probably one of them.