Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Iran World Team Trials

Default Re: 2013 Iran World Team Trials

rahimi and esmaeilpour have improved a lot since the olympics i think that they both have a chance of medalling, Lashgari should medal and taghavi has a good chance if they send him, what was the goudarzi vs mirzaei match like?

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    rahimi and esmaeilpour have improved a lot since the olympics i think that they both have a chance of medalling, Lashgari should medal and taghavi has a good chance if they send him, what was the goudarzi vs mirzaei match like?
    Of course they have chance, as well as Ghasemi at 120. I'm not sure about Lashgari, at the end he didn't win the trials. they probably will NOT send him to Budapest.
    Taghavi's mom passed away few days ago, that's the reason of his absence so they said they probably will let him wrestle the winner of this tournament later. his mother was sick for 1-2 years it had affect him and he was poor in Olympics. now after this, I'm not sure if he can recover at time.

I didn't watch the match but I know Goudarzi was up by 1pt. they wrestled each other weeks ago in Takhti Cup, Goudarzi won after tiring Mirzaei.

Thats all goudarzi does, tire people, i think they'll send lashgari too much influence over the iranian wrestling federation. And he won the final before pulling out.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    120kg:
    Postponed (for 6 weeks) since one of the favorites is still suspended by FILA.
    Didn't he move to Azerbaijan?

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    Didn't he move to Azerbaijan?
    he moved and even signed a contract there but for whatever reason he had a change in his heart and came back ! he will wrestle in Universiade as well.

Did Lashgari get hurt? IF not, why would he withdraw?

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Did Lashgari get hurt? IF not, why would he withdraw?
    yes he got hurt, at least that's what he claims.

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    Thats all goudarzi does, tire people, i think they'll send lashgari too much influence over the iranian wrestling federation. And he won the final before pulling out.
    2 years suspension for Goudarzi after refusing to undergo a drug test !!! it makes the situation more complicated in 96kg

as for the rest, it seems Rahimi (55), Esmaeilpour (60), Akbari (74) and Ghasemi (12) are already selected. in 84kg Lashgari is still the main candidate since they told him to not wrestle, that wasn't his own decision to withdraw. in 96kg nothing is clear and in 66kg Taghavi has to beat both finalists (Abdollahpour and Nassiri) to make the world team.

What about Jamal Mirzaei? Did he pass the test successfully? )))

Look at his arms:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9496.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	3110

I don't think he uses only the national dish of Iran: rice, meat and pistachios. )))