Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tessari

Default Re: Tessari

I am truly depressed with this news. Tessari is my favorite wrestler to watch and has been since his HS years. Dude is not afraid to go for the big move. Win or lose, he's usually exciting. I hope he lands in a place that he enjoys and continues his exciting style. I don't think he'd fit in at Iowa, though. Brands would blow a gasket trying to coach him to wrestle the Iowa way

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I am truly depressed with this news. Tessari is my favorite wrestler to watch and has been since his HS years. Dude is not afraid to go for the big move. Win or lose, he's usually exciting. I hope he lands in a place that he enjoys and continues his exciting style. I don't think he'd fit in at Iowa, though. Brands would blow a gasket trying to coach him to wrestle the Iowa way
    That's just one of those false ideas about Iowa that people accept as true. Lots of different style wrestlers have competed at Iowa. Mark Perry, Brent Metcal, Jay Borschel and Matt McDonough are probably the 4 best wrestlers Iowa has had in the years Brands has been there, and all wrestle distinctly different styles, with only Metcalf being the "Iowa Prototype" version of what you would expect.

I don't think Cam will end up at Iowa, but if he did, he would be great (just as he was at times at Ohio State).
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

This is with all due respect to Quinn-he makes good points-but Zapp is dead on right with this one.

Even Gable coached to the strengths of each individual wrestler, rather than "molding" them in one style.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Don't get me wrong. I am an Iowa fan. I don't understand how anyone who is a wrestling fan can't be. By "the Iowa style", I mean it more as wrestling smart. No one who has followed Cam for any amount of time would tag him as a "smart" wrestler. I'm not saying he's dumb, he isn't. He just doesn't care who he's wrestling and a lot of times doesn't care what the situation is, he still goes for big moves. That's what I love about him.

Now, I say that as someone who didn't get to see him wrestle all of his NCAA matches two years ago. He won more matches in that tourney than any other wrestler, so he probably did wrestle smart. But as a general rule, he's just flat out fun to watch. Win or lose.

I never found Tessari particularly exciting to watch. He has no effective offense besides counters
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Whippet#2 View Post
    Projected Lineup

125-Nick Roberts
    133-Johnni DiJulius
    141-Logan Stieber
    149-Ian Paddock
    157 Dereck Garcia
    165-Josh Demas
    174-Mark Martin
    184-Kenny Courts
    197-Nick Heflin
    285-Nick Tavanello

Sitting:
    RS Hunter Stieber
    RS Bo Jordan
    RS Nathan Tomasello

Personally I would like to see Jordan at 157
    Maybe Garcia gets back in the lineup!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    I never found Tessari particularly exciting to watch. He has no effective offense besides counters
    Then you haven't watched him enough. If you call getting double overhooks and arching your back into a sacrafice throw a counter, then I stand corrected. It is one of his favorite moves. He almost pinned himself and the Iowa wrestler (forget who it was) two years ago in Columbus. His standing granby's aren't what I would call counter movers either.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Maybe Garcia gets back in the lineup!
    There is absolutely no mention of his name on the Ohio forums. I think I must've missed a thread that said he isn't wrestling anymore or something. I've even posted the question about him, but got no response.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    There is absolutely no mention of his name on the Ohio forums. I think I must've missed a thread that said he isn't wrestling anymore or something. I've even posted the question about him, but got no response.
    I'm not sure but I think he got a medical hardship because of all the injuries.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.