Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Pick One

Default Re: Pick One

Of course I was a Grajales defender, before va can not-so-subtly call me out. Yes, Grajales has been a disappointment.

However, Grajales had very much earned the right to be ranked where he was coming out of high school. He won all over the country.

I really think he would have been better elsewhere where he could have gone 141, but apparently Eric has no interest in cutting down to his ideal weight now that Russell is gone. Maybe he would have if he had gone somewhere he could be 141 from the jump. Seems, from what I can gather, that Eric is suffering from the same case of HEW that David Craig came down with.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

I was a Grajales fan when he was in high school (it was I believe my sophomore year when he graduated). Even though he did succeed nationally as do other certain names that come to mind (David Craig, the Ashmores, Ryak Finch, etc). I still think the fact that he spent most of his career beating on kids in state should definitely be a factor. Now I have a biased opinion because my good friend is a Florida state runner-up who hates Brandon with a passion that kinda scares me (his family is made up entirely of runner-ups to a Brandon state champ). Wrestling in a state like Ohio and PA you have to face top kids day in and day out, as opposed to only facing top kids at the occasional national tournament. For example Grajales didn't really seek out other talented kids his senior year, while David Taylor intentionally went after other top recruits such as Collin Palmer. When you have such a small sample size with which to gauge how well he wrestles top kids, we weren't able to see future struggles he would have in the room. Grajales is extremely talented, but seems to have cracked under the constant pressure of always having to wrestle at 100% instead of being able to slack off for most of the year and still wreck everybody you face.

That is basically the gist of my theory concerning recruits from smaller wrestling states, but everybody from Kentucky is exempt from this rule because we are just naturally better haha.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    I was a Grajales fanboy.
    Confession is good for the soul Snackem!

Note: I had not read the later posts when posting this. Sounds like a group "confession" and partial justification at the same time. I will go out on a limb and say that I think DT will ultimately prove to have the better college career!! You can quote me on that!
    Last edited by TomWright25; 05-31-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Quinn--you need to be careful in making long-term predictions in debate with Vais. He has a habit of digging out old posts! He's not above posting ones that prove wrong!
    Tom, I appreciate the concern but I did think that over. If I happen to be right, I can come to the same thread and suggest Vais eats his hat. By then the hat will be several years old and just ripe enough too.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Tom, I appreciate the concern but I did think that over. If I happen to be right, I can come to the same thread and suggest Vais eats his hat. By then the hat will be several years old and just ripe enough too.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Quinn--you need to be careful in making long-term predictions in debate with Vais. He has a habit of digging out old posts! He's not above posting ones that prove wrong!
    I will testify that he will dig up a post when you are right also. I made a prediction of Brandon Gambucci (Duke) making the NCAA Tournament and drawing Logan in the first round. The tri-fecta was ruined by me when I did not stop running my mouth and said he would make it to R12.

Just an opinion, but both Pico and Marsteller will have a better college career than Grajales. Not sure where either will go, but coaching will also play a part in their success. I like Chance if he ends up at PSU.