Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McD

Default McD

After NCAA's I read that McD had previously hurt his shoulder badly and another said it was his back. I'm gathering it was his shoulder. Is that right? Also, at what point did he injure it--pre-season, mid-season or late-season? It sure was a tough break for him his SR year. I wish him all the best in the future.

Default Re: McD

I don't think anything was officially stated but from posters on other boards he had shoulder surgery right after the season, believe a torn labrum. He was in a sling at a postseason freestyle tourney. That's about all that is out there...

Torn Labrum is the word but I look to Jammen on all matters Matt McDonough.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

VA, do you have a source for that? Or is it part of the "Iowa Mystique" that nobody's talking?

If McD did have a torn Labrum then it was very courageous of him to wrestle all season and do as well as he did. Of course not as courageous as Derek St John though. Funny that a torn Labrum doesn't even merit a Coaches Appreciation Award.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    VA, do you have a source for that? Or is it part of the "Iowa Mystique" that nobody's talking?

If McD did have a torn Labrum then it was very courageous of him to wrestle all season and do as well as he did. Of course not as courageous as Derek St John though. Funny that a torn Labrum doesn't even merit a Coaches Appreciation Award.
    This is why I defer to you.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Of course not as courageous as Derek St John though. Funny that a torn Labrum doesn't even merit a Coaches Appreciation Award.
    Jammen, throwing down the freaking trump card!

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Funny that a torn Labrum doesn't even merit a Coaches Appreciation Award.
    I wrestled on a torn meniscus and didn't even get invited to the banquet. McD should be grateful! Haha
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

It was a torn Labrum. McD is not one to make excuses for his performance. McD and Telford both had surgerya few days after the NCAA's
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Anyone have any idea when he got hurt during the season? For a month or two prior to NCAA's people were saying that he wasn't himself and you can even look back to his narrow win over Clark in the pre-season intrasquad dual and wonder if that was a factor way back in the beginning. By the tone of the posts so far, it doesn't sound like much word is out on it.