Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: No D1 National Duals Next Year

Default Re: No D1 National Duals Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    does anyone really believe top D1 coaches make long term decisions based upon what this year's and next year's teams look like on paper??
    Goferphan does. Evidently unaware that the Gophers have been a stalwart of the duals for many years when they had little to no chance of winning.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I don't feel that way one bit. The people who want it, have their reasons. The teams that don't want to come certainly have theirs and I don't fault either team for wanting to go or not wanting to.
    This...

Before the NWCA messed with the format and tried to make it the NCAA championship it was a great tournament. Almost all the top teams were there every year. Now that they have jacked it around for a few years, three of last years top four teams have opted not to go this year. The NWCA tried to make a great event better and in the process they ruined it. They should have left it alone. It was a great dual tournament and now it's a shadow of what it used to be.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    This...

Before the NWCA messed with the format and tried to make it the NCAA championship it was a great tournament. Almost all the top teams were there every year. Now that they have jacked it around for a few years, three of last years top four teams have opted not to go this year. The NWCA tried to make a great event better and in the process they ruined it. They should have left it alone. It was a great dual tournament and now it's a shadow of what it used to be.
    +1