Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No D1 National Duals Next Year

Default Re: No D1 National Duals Next Year

Maybe there will be a National Duals at MSG with Iowa, PSU, and Okie St staying home playing with themselves.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Iowa, Minny and Ok St were all there last year.

Nobody came. Don't blame the few top schools that didn't go. This is not an event fans want to go to apparently. Don't blame coaches who want to win.
    Would you agree that part of the attendance problem was the idea that they wouldn't announce the site of the finals until the week of? I find it hard to think of a better plan to make sure fans can't go.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Maybe there will be a National Duals at MSG with Iowa, PSU, and Okie St staying home playing with themselves.
    Let me ask you this. Why do the Duals need to be in Feb?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Would you agree that part of the attendance problem was the idea that they wouldn't announce the site of the finals until the week of? I find it hard to think of a better plan to make sure fans can't go.
    Given that they announced the site of the finals two months in advance last year, no, I would say that wasn't the problem.

I agree that February is a bad time to have it. Anyone who has to save up to travel or only has limited vacation time at work is probably only going to be able to attend one big event at that time of year. Basically attendence is being split between league tournaments, the national tourny and the duals. I don't know too many people who could attend two of those, much less all three.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    That was year before last I believe.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Keep it constructive Jammen, you're better than this tripe.

I've been to Rec Hall with what seemed like a 100 people there just a few years back where my regular voice saying something like "cmon Bubba, heavy on the head" drew attention my way. It takes someone like Cael to come into a program, draw the right kids, and build interest in the student body. If we want to grow the sport and begin to support small underfunded programs, we need have the Jordan Oliver's, Ed Ruth's, and Logan Storley's of the world head to smaller schools and put into practice what they learned from these legendary coaches. Draw in Wrestlers who want to be trained by champions, young guns, high profile kids who know what they're doing.

One last comment in regards to Free style and Greco...we need a larger presence and much more visability from our Olympic hopefuls and past team members centered around these forms of the sport. Pennsylvania folkstyle is still in full swing with not many opportunities to learn and compete in other styles. All it takes is Team USA to come in and hold a Day camp and put on an exhibition. And, when you do hold an event like Rumble at the Rails...dont gouge folks for $300 per ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    So, essentially, this was a vindictive response to what nearly happened at the beginning of the season. ... And that sucks.
    plus 1
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Article by Andy Hamilton about next year's duals without the top teams, likely at Madison Square Garden:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...nclick_check=1