Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No D1 National Duals Next Year

Default No D1 National Duals Next Year

Not happening.

Very interesting development.

They will still have the other division duals in Des Moines.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: No D1 National Duals Next Year

Wow. Not a good sign, obviously.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

3,000 people for an event with iowa, okey st, ohio st and minnesota is just bad.

Iowa, PSU, and Ok St all dropped out. Penn State had previous committed; UNIVERISTY PARK: Penn State wrestling: Nittany Lions planning on entering 2014 National Duals | Sports | CentreDaily.com.

Looks like Minny shouldn't have been so hard on those boys.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Iowa, PSU, and Ok St all dropped out. Penn State had previous committed; UNIVERISTY PARK: Penn State wrestling: Nittany Lions planning on entering 2014 National Duals | Sports | CentreDaily.com.

Looks like Minny shouldn't have been so hard on those boys.
    Hard for PSU to drop out of an event they hadn't attended in years.

I think PSU and Okey St. showed they had what it takes when it matters MOST.

Wonder if this means it's completely over or back to the drawing board.

I thought duals were supposed to crown the team champion from here on out. I was away for most of last season, so did something change?

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I thought duals were supposed to crown the team champion from here on out. I was away for most of last season, so did something change?
    Nothing changed. The Duals continued to fail management-wise and got the axe. Simple as that. When you fail to understand what your purpose is, and who your constituents are, and where you are heading, todays headlines appear on schedule. Anything else is just an excuse.

To those at the NWCA, next time, put more effort into gaining consensus without the ego. As an outsider, you run a pretty shi!!y operation and let personality take over common goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Nothing changed. The Duals continued to fail management-wise and got the axe. Simple as that. When you fail to understand what your purpose is, and who your constituents are, and where you are heading, todays headlines appear on schedule. Anything else is just an excuse.

To those at the NWCA, next time, put more effort into gaining consensus without the ego. As an outsider, you run a pretty shi!!y operation and let personality take over common goals.
    So, essentially, this was a vindictive response to what nearly happened at the beginning of the season. Totally rational. The National Duals appear to have been cancelled because 3 of the biggest fan bases dropped out of commitments. And that sucks.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...