Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best at theirweight, 2000 to 2013

Default Re: Best at theirweight, 2000 to 2013

Delgado is lower, but not because of recency. The dude lost to Cory Clark, Nico Megaludis(twice) and Jarrod Garnett this year. He shouldnt be rated high as others.

And yes Abas number 1.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Am I the only one that thinks Matt McD was at his peak the year he lost to Robles? I would take the 2011 Matt over the 2010 or 2012 Matt. I'd put Abas number 1

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Delgado is lower, but not because of recency. The dude lost to Cory Clark, Nico Megaludis(twice) and Jarrod Garnett this year. He shouldnt be rated high as others.

And yes Abas number 1.
    I agree with you, vais, so far. He's the only one who's college career isn't finished. If he ended up a 3-time champ then he would certainly be at or near the top of the list. At the end of this season Delgado took it up several notches. That doesn't make him a top 3. But we don't know how his next few years will go. If he ends up a 3-timer (not at all saying he will) then he will certainly rise on the charts! Agree that as of now he doesn't belong anywhere near the top. But. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Delgado is lower, but not because of recency.
    Is recency a word? If it is then I need to start using it immediately.

Edit: Just looked it up, it's a real word. Spectacular addition to my vocab, starting now.
    Last edited by Flop The Nuts; 04-24-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Knowledge dropped

Speaking of Delgado, anyone got a link to the match where he fought off his back in the 3rd to win?

The answer to the original question:
    Abas, Stieber, Russel, Oliver, Dake, Burroughs, Pendleton, Herbert, Sanderson, Konrad.

Obviously,Dake and Sanderson could be #1 at multiple weights, but what's the fun in that?

Abas is definitely #1 but I would put Jeremy Hunter as #2 - He lost to Abas in 99 7-4 but it was closer than that & then he won in 2000

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    The answer to the original question:
    Abas, Stieber, Russel, Oliver, Dake, Burroughs, Pendleton, Herbert, Sanderson, Konrad.
    I think a 4x finalist and 2x Hodge winner might question your list.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

If you mean Askren, I'm sure he'd question in... but he lost to Pendleton so many times. I'm pretty sure Pendleton also beat him in freestyle after both had graduated.

BTW who was at 141? Apart from Maple, Dake and Russel I'm drawing a big blank.

I'd take Pendleton over Askren every time, if that's who we're talking about.