Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Destin McCauley to Nebraska

Default Re: Destin McCauley to Nebraska

Well, feel free to offer up your opinion on it. I'm certainly not the only one who thinks it was insulting that McD wasn't awarded the Most Courageous Wrestler award. Any other school would have awarded it as a no-brainer; One of your most successful wrestlers battles a season long shoulder injury and doesn't AA. He went unrecognized for his struggles at the Team Banquet (Not even a Coaches Appreciation award. Here, let's put that final nail in your coffin.). Perhaps you'd like to share your insights into what were they thinking?
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Well, feel free to offer up your opinion on it. I'm certainly not the only one who thinks it was insulting that McD wasn't awarded the Most Courageous Wrestler award. Any other school would have awarded it as a no-brainer; One of your most successful wrestlers battles a season long shoulder injury and doesn't AA. He went unrecognized for his struggles at the Team Banquet (Not even a Coaches Appreciation award. Here, let's put that final nail in your coffin.). Perhaps you'd like to share your insights into what were they thinking?
    My opinion(like yours) on these awards is that I have know idea how they choose these awards. You have no idea what(if any) athlete input is involved. You have no idea what the criteria was. We DO know McD was injured as he was in a sling at the US Open.

You don't know why he went unrecognized, so you are making it fit your(horribly biased) agenda.

You consistently find ways to demean and hate Hawkeye wrestlers, so your credibility is negligible. I was just using the forum bump as a means to get a cheap shot in on someone who makes his fair share of uneducated ones.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    My opinion(like yours) on these awards is that I have know idea how they choose these awards. You have no idea what(if any) athlete input is involved. You have no idea what the criteria was. We DO know McD was injured as he was in a sling at the US Open.

You don't know why he went unrecognized, so you are making it fit your(horribly biased) agenda.

You consistently find ways to demean and hate Hawkeye wrestlers, so your credibility is negligible. I was just using the forum bump as a means to get a cheap shot in on someone who makes his fair share of uneducated ones.
    Now you are simply making stuff up. I've have nothing but praise for McD for the last 4 years. Wondering why the coaches didn't award him the Most Courageous or even a Coaches Appreciation award certainly doesn't demean nor hate McD.
    I have claimed that Telford is overrated based upon his not beating anyone good. I also argued that Evans was cutting too much weight at 165 which you objected to. And yes, I did win sig bets by stating that Iowa would be 4th or worse at NCAA's but again that does not demean nor hate individual wrestlers. No, those are simply facts.

p.s. I also do not boo atheletes.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"