Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Destin McCauley to Nebraska

Default Re: Destin McCauley to Nebraska

this is interesting with Sueflohn currently at 149, curious to see how it shakes out because neither of them would be going 157 with Green there

I assume Suefflohn might redshirt and at some point, all 3 will be 149, 157, and 165, then add Dudley and Downey

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    I have up on watching Destin McCauley and Tanner Hall wrestle in college a long time ago
    *given up
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by minnEsota View Post
    this is interesting with Sueflohn currently at 149, curious to see how it shakes out because neither of them would be going 157 with Green there
    Yeah, I didn't think about that. Where does he think hes going to go? Maybe Sueflohn to 157 and Green to 165?
    My name's Louden, Louden Swain. Last week I turned 18. I wasn't ready for it. I haven't done anything yet. So I made this deal with myself. This is the year I make my mark.

Quote Originally Posted by louden swain View Post
    Yeah, I didn't think about that. Where does he think hes going to go? Maybe Sueflohn to 157 and Green to 165?
    Nebraska has plenty of wiggle room considering none of those three have taken redshirt years.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I do not know Destin at all and I've watched video of his matches in Free and am very impressed with his skill from neutral along with his positioning it is excellent....That being said, he has committed to 3 schools in what 3 years? I hope I'm wrong about this for Husker fans and for Destin himself but for some strange reason I don't see 4-5 years at Nebraska......

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Nebraska has plenty of wiggle room considering none of those three have taken redshirt years.
    I don't believe this is true. Destin is two years out of HS, and you only get one year out in D1 before the clock starts to tick on the five years of eligibility. Exceptions are missions and military service. So he burned his RS, and now has 4 years of eligibility left to wrestle his four years I do believe.
    Last edited by Tucker; 04-16-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    I don't believe this is true. Destin is two years out of HS, and you only get one year out in D1 before the clock starts to tick on the five years of eligibility. Exceptions are missions and military service. So he burned his RS, and now has 4 years of eligibility left to wrestle his four years I do believe.
    I have never heard that rule and it is the 1st time I heard Destin doesn't have 5 years to compete 4.

I don't think they move Green up to 165 as that weight is already a logjam of talented guys: Wilson, Wilbourn, McMurtry, Klingensmith, Compton. A redshirt for Sueflohn or Green makes more sense. I'm not counting Sueflohn out as he is very hard-nosed. The kind of tough wrestler you want all your guys to be like.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"