Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocky Trudgeon out at VMI

Default Re: Rocky Trudgeon out at VMI

Quote Originally Posted by jmpollo View Post
    I came back to Rockbridge County for a year after I retired from the Marines and coached with Aaron in the club. Lot of the kids in that club were sons and nephews of guys I wrestled with in HS. It was a neat experience.

I live up in Alaska now and am looking to get involved again. I miss it.

I still have family in the county and stop in and see Aaron on occasion. If I hit a tournament or dual in VA I'll drop you a line. Maybe we can link up.
    Very cool. We wrestle at PM all the time! Always good times in Buena Vista!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Very cool. We wrestle at PM all the time! Always good times in Buena Vista!
    Look forward to it. Those PM kids are mean as snakes and tough as pine knots....

Like them Brockenbrough (Jeremiah and Boone) brothers from back in the day. One of my college buddies wrestled at PM back in the late 90's. The Camper kid was tough too (not referring to Landon, but his son).

Do the three old grouches still live in BV?

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    Like them Brockenbrough (Jeremiah and Boone) brothers from back in the day. One of my college buddies wrestled at PM back in the late 90's. The Camper kid was tough too (not referring to Landon, but his son).

Do the three old grouches still live in BV?
    haha! Landon is a legend! The guys I coach don't believe me when I tell them he was a state champ.

Jeremiah is the coach there now. Coach Loy is now the AD. So crazy that other people know about this little school in BV!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    haha! Landon is a legend! The guys I coach don't believe me when I tell them he was a state champ.

Jeremiah is the coach there now. Coach Loy is now the AD. So crazy that other people know about this little school in BV!

I wrestled Landon's younger brother Darrell Wayne when I was a sophomore. He was a two timer and tough as hell. I got schooled. Corbin Wood's dad was one of my HS team mates. We hunted a lot together. We were a bunch of hillbillies.