Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Your teams lineup

Default Re: Your teams lineup

Heflin looked stupid big at 174. 197 will be an alright fit. He apparently was cutting from over 200, so it stands to reason he can put some muscle on and be a decent sized 197.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    There is wrestling in Maine. I thought someone who used to be in the UFC was a former Maine champ. I can't remember who the heck it was though. There is also an Alaskan state champ in the UFC but I can't think of him either right now.

EDIT- Tim "The Maine-iac" Silvia wrestled in Maine but he wasn't a state champ.
    Tim Boetcsh wrestled in Maine was a 4X state champ and then collegiately at Lock Haven

Here's my take on Minny's lineup

125 Brancale/Thorn
    133 Dardanes
    141 Dardanes
    149 Ness
    157 Kingsley/Zilverburg
    165 Reel/Wanzek
    174 Storley
    184 Steinhaus
    197 Schiller
    HWT Nelson

I cant really see the Dardanes's or Ness moving this next year but if they do I am sure Thorn would we smiling. He would slide nicely back to 133.
    Is Phillips at 125 still on the team. Never heard much about him this year and didn't look like he wrestled looking at the stats
    I don't see the Dardanes moving up... I don't think it would be a good move for them with the way they struggle to get off the bottom. They would be wrestling longer guys than them and so that problem would only be exacerbated.
    Yohn needs to teach them a little mat wrestling this summer. If they figure out how to get off bottom in a hurry they become legit top 3 guys at their weight because the better guys at their weight that can ride salt matches away from them by taking there best position away which is their feet.
    Thorn was another guy who really struggled to get out from bottom last year which actually really surprised me.

157 will be interesting as well.
    With the way Z wrestled at the end of the year he really impressed me but one guy who I think has a good chance to slide into the weight and beat Z out for the spot is Kingsley who was a 4 timer from Apple Valley. He in my opinion is a lot more versed offensively than Zilverburg and I think that will help the gophers more. He is a pinner like Ness and can put a lot more point on the scoreboard than Z.

165 is intriguing as well.
    I don't know much about Reel but he seems to be an exciting wrestler and had a decent Redshirt year. Minny typically redshirts alot of their guys but one guy who I think is under the radar but I think is going to be a good fit for the gophers is Wanzek from Simley. I think with Minny being in the title hunt next year they would not hestitate to insert Wanzek in their lineup as a true freshman if he is better than Reel.

I heard Ness is making a big cut to 149 and will move up to 157.

If thats the case I would assume Zburg and Kingsley could be fighting it out at 149
    not sure how big of a cut it would be for Kingsley?
    He wrestled 152 or maybe 160 I believe his Senior year but wrestled 157 as a redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by minnEsota View Post
    I don't see the Dardanes moving up... I don't think it would be a good move for them with the way they struggle to get off the bottom. They would be wrestling longer guys than them and so that problem would only be exacerbated.
    Way back when, Frank Molinaro was cutting a bunch of weight to get to 141 and looked downright awful trying to get out at times. He'd get stuck, head down, not looking like he was moving much. I was tough to watch. He bumped to 149 and suddenly looked great getting out from bottom. The explosion was back and bottom became a strength (except against one guy his junior year).

Good point BBL. im not too sold on the twins bumping up, but thats a nice example. Who knows what a little more food might do?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    I heard Ness is making a big cut to 149 and will move up to 157.
    Ness tweeted a couple of days after NCAA's that he was only up to like 155 or 157 (don't recall) he hadn't really gained a large amount of weight.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Way back when, Frank Molinaro was cutting a bunch of weight to get to 141 and looked downright awful trying to get out at times. He'd get stuck, head down, not looking like he was moving much. I was tough to watch. He bumped to 149 and suddenly looked great getting out from bottom. The explosion was back and bottom became a strength (except against one guy his junior year).
    If I remember correctly in a post finals interview Dake said that he was weighing something like 160 or so by the finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.