Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flowrestling End of Season Awards

Default Re: Flowrestling End of Season Awards

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    How about biggest weight cut ?? Joe Duca barely made 133 last year yet dropped to 125 this year and Murphy cut so much he missed weight once-wrestled 141 and got teched and quit !
    LJ Helbig went from hvy last year to 174 this year.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    LJ Helbig went from hvy last year to 174 this year.
    The weight cut contest just ended. Although struggling to make 133 is clearly good reason to drop to 125.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    NCAA Season Awards | News | Flowrestling

Give er a look see.

Some easy decisions, some tough.
    Fun recap of the season and a fun read. I would have gone with Dieringer as best Frosh though. Only 3 losses on the season and a 3rd place finish with tons of bonus points at the NCAAs.

Quote Originally Posted by barrett View Post
    Fun recap of the season and a fun read. I would have gone with Dieringer as best Frosh though. Only 3 losses on the season and a 3rd place finish with tons of bonus points at the NCAAs.
    That's a good call as well, Dieringer was nearly unbeatable at Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Earls site D1cw used to do superlatives like best scrambler and best double leg. Not sure if theyll do that this year, but heres hoping.
    I'll be doing them again this Spring/Summer. I think it's a good offseason topic. I've come to the conclusion that it's best done every two years. After the first year I attempted it again getting virtually the same results.
    He let himself down, for what...a woman. I say, go be a world champion let the women come to you......Tito Ortiz

www.d1collegewrestling.net

Quote Originally Posted by barrett View Post
    Intermat agrees with you.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I thought Mike Moreno should have been a strong canidate. He was 4-15 against D1 competition and this year is 31-10 with wins over Caldwell, Polz, Massa, Moore and Sulzer

Who did Dieringer beat this year? He had a fine season for sure and is unquestionably a stud. Garrett beat Waters, Garnett and McDonough. Dieringer beat 1 seeded wrestler(not his fault, but lets face facts) apart from Jedd Moore. Prior to ncaas he hadnt beaten any top 10 guys.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I agree, I thought Garrett had the better season as well.

Didn't mean to paint it as though I was calling you out or anything.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12