Thread: lap top question

Default lap top question

Wasn't sure what thread to post this on....As you may know, I'm a computer idiot. I have a lap top that has that little square below the space bar that acts as a mouse. If I press too hard on it, it clicks whatever I'm on as if I clicked the mouse. There are two buttons below the square that are supposed to be for the clicking but the damn thing clicks when I press too hard on the square. Is there anyway to disable that so that it only clicks when I use the buttons?

Default Re: lap top question

What operating system do you use and what computer do you have? I have the same feature on my laptop and I love it. I've had computers where you you couldn't "tap to click" and it was a pain. The setting that you're looking for is called "touchpad sensitivity". That won't change the ability to click when you tap but it will change how hard you have to tap the pad in order for it to click.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I have an HP Pavilion. If I can change it from the settings thing, how do I get to the settings? The last laptop I had may have had the feature but it must not have been as sensitive because I never had problems like this one. Guess I should cut down on the finger curls. I just don't know my own strength

WHICH HP Pavillion, I currently have two different HP Pavillion laptops, and I've owned two others. Also what operating system are you running? Windows 8? 7? Vista?
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    WHICH HP Pavillion, I currently have two different HP Pavillion laptops, and I've owned two others. Also what operating system are you running? Windows 8? 7? Vista?
    Its Vista. All I know about the computer is that it says its a HP Pavilion dv5-1235dx Entertainment Notebook PC.

I'll do some googling tonight or tomorrow night and see what I can find out for you.

Thanks Snackem