Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 133 Next Year

Default Re: 133 Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    What about Minny? Are the Dardaneses and Ness staying put, or moving up--any info on that?
    I have no idea, as a fan I hope not.

Ness said on Twitter that he only weighed 153 the day after NCAA's so its not like he ballooned up like crazy afterward, neither Dardanes has a huge frame.

I think moving up in weight would exacerbate some of the limits that the Dardanes show in their wrestling particularly Chris' ability to get to offense sometimes, and Nick's occasional inability to get up off the bottom.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Anyone know what Stieber walks around at? We seem to have lost most of our tOSU posters somehow. What happened to Gold and Quinn?
    Gold does not post as much in the Forum, but is alive and well in Fantasy wrestling. We also communicate infrequently via text message.

I have been unsuccessful to raise any type of response from Quinn. The last I can remember hearing from him was shortly after the season last year. I have emailed him without a response back several times. He said something about his job taking more time around the time that he sort of disappeared from the site.

Quinn was a pretty funny dude, I hope he rolls up again.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I, too, have tried unsuccessfully to contact Quinn . I hope he is well.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I also have tried unsuccessfully to contact Quinn. We had planned to jointly be in the Fantasy League this past season, and in Oct he PM'ed me apologizing for being so busy and not getting around to it. Haven't heard anything since. I too, miss him on the board.

133 next year even if Streebler goes up will be ridiculous. I think if Streebler goes up Graff may stick around. Graff is pretty close to Ramos so he might feel 133 is his best chance to win a title. Also, even if Logan goes up to 141 that doesnt mean he cant go to 132 international. Way different weight control and weigh in rules.

Is there even a weight control program internationally? If you can make the weight it seems like that is good enough for them.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I haven't heard anything on Maple and Brewer bumping up.. Brewer is the only 133 pounder on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Is there even a weight control program internationally? If you can make the weight it seems like that is good enough for them.
    Whoops should have worded it differently Vais. I meant to say that internationally weight control is way different for the wrestlers. Since there arent the restrictions like college they just have to make weight, can make a huge cut, and have time to rehydrate. So you see guys making much larger cuts than in college. Not that he was a big dude anyways in college, but ala Mike Zadick