Thread: VT Line up next season

Default VT Line up next season

Vais or any of the other VT Fans, What does the line up look like next year? I've got it as...

125 Peters/Dance
    133 Spjut/Gustafson
    141 Carter
    149 Niebert (Brascetta RS?)
    157 Brascetta??
    165 Moon
    174 Gabel
    184 Vetterlein
    197 Borlie
    HWT Walz

Believe Niebert has already had a RS, so unless Brascetta goes 157 I'm assuming he red shirts. I'm not sure Dance won't start next year. Pretty sure he can beat Peters. That puts three returning AAs in the line up and 8 returning national qualifiers. I think Borlie has a shot next year to get on the podium and also Dance if he doesn't redshirt.

Default Re: VT Line up next season

Quote Originally Posted by jmpollo View Post
    Vais or any of the other VT Fans, What does the line up look like next year? I've got it as...

125 Peters/Dance
    133 Spjut/Gustafson
    141 Carter
    149 Niebert (Brascetta RS?)
    157 Brascetta??
    165 Moon
    174 Gabel
    184 Vetterlein
    197 Borlie
    HWT Walz

Believe Niebert has already had a RS, so unless Brascetta goes 157 I'm assuming he red shirts. I'm not sure Dance won't start next year. Pretty sure he can beat Peters. That puts three returning AAs in the line up and 8 returning national qualifiers. I think Borlie has a shot next year to get on the podium and also Dance if he doesn't redshirt.
    I think Dance wrestles. That's just how Dresser rolls typically.

I think Brascetta does RS and Neibert will go up to 149.

Maybe Epperly too. I always liked Borlie but had a hard time dissecting what was VA bias, and what was real. Still not sure, but nice run by him at NCAA's.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Seems like Va Tech as almost always stronger in the lighter weights than the heavier weights.

I saw Dance for the first time during the Dapper Dan and was impressed with two things: Clearly he is a very good wrestler and a good 'get' for VT. It also seems that he has a really big head. I mean literally. Has anyone seen him in person? Was it the camera angle?

This is a very important question.

Yeah, me too. I thought Max Huntley, Borlie. Ben Dorsey, and the Colonial Forge 126 pounder (Garafalo??) that ended up at Nassau CC would all make some noise based on how they did in a lot of the bigger national tournaments. Hasn't turned out that way.

Not sure who moves into the 157 lb slot. Brascetta looks big enough to move up and is obviously a quality guy.

...and yes Joey Dance does have an enormous grape.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpollo View Post
    Yeah, me too. I thought Max Huntley, Borlie. Ben Dorsey, and the Colonial Forge 126 pounder (Garafalo??) that ended up at Nassau CC would all make some noise based on how they did in a lot of the bigger national tournaments. Hasn't turned out that way.

Not sure who moves into the 157 lb slot. Brascetta looks big enough to move up and is obviously a quality guy.

...and yes Joey Dance does have an enormous grape.
    VA just doesn't transition well to the next level, traditionally. The guys that do are well tested on the national scene and go to Beast, Ironman, Fargo, Super 32, etc. The talent is there though.

I have a buddy on the team(not a starter), I'll ask him who he thinks.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.