Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steiber v Maple?

Default Re: Steiber v Maple?

No--if Logan moves to 141, Hunter would move to 149.

Maple to 149 and will win over Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2400 View Post
    Retherford
    Retherford will red shirt and build some bulk on that frame. He rides like a monkey on an organ grinders back, but that's it. He needs work at neutral to succeed at this level.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

This would be an interesting match. Steiber is definitely the more skilled and accomplished wrestler. But the size difference looks more like 2 weight classes than one. I bet Steiber's frame is about 2/3 the size of Maple's. Maple does such a good job of using his length and reach to keep his opponents at a distance. He bangs the head with his crazy reach and there is no way to get inside. I don't think I really saw anyone even get a legitimate shot off on him the whole tournament.

On the feet I think Steiber would really struggle to get close enough to score (or even penetrate). I think to score he'd have to control the mat space so well that Maple was obviously stalling and the ref actually called it. This would make Maple open up and take chances (and give chances as a result). The other wildcard is if Steiber can ride Maple that might change everything. Maple usually enjoys such an advantage in riding time he feels no pressure to score on his feet and his opponent does. This plays further into his counter wrestling strategy in neutral. If steiber was able to ride him (a good chance), then at least it would pressure Maple into pushing forward a bit. The other factor is that Maple sometimes has conditioning issues (especially if you can take the pace out of his comfort zone).

Overall a very intriguing matchup, and one of the few where I think size might be a bigger factor than skill.

Logan has beaten better people than Maple before. I don't think Maple has ever beaten anyone better than Logan. A plus B doesn't always equal C in this sport but I'd sure favor Logan in that match up.
    My name's Louden, Louden Swain. Last week I turned 18. I wasn't ready for it. I haven't done anything yet. So I made this deal with myself. This is the year I make my mark.

Logie has gotten through EVERYONE's defenses-when Carter comes back next year i'll bet everything I have on logie or that Carter hides from him . Not one person at 133/141 I'd bet on to beat LS
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Logie has gotten through EVERYONE's defenses-when Carter comes back next year i'll bet everything I have on logie or that Carter hides from him . Not one person at 133/141 I'd bet on to beat LS
    Devin isn't hiding. He redshirted this year to go up to 141. He was unbelievably huge for his weight. Carter isn't running, but he's not an idiot. If you watched him you know how enormous he is for 133.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by louden swain View Post
    Logan has beaten better people than Maple before. I don't think Maple has ever beaten anyone better than Logan.
    I agree with Mr Swain 100%. I think Ramos is better than Maple, although I do realize that Maple's length and size may present problems that Ramos doesn't. But in general I think that Ramos brings more to the table than Maple.