Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thoughts on Finals

Default Re: Thoughts on Finals

Hunter needs to bulk up if he goes to 49, he's tall and has a much different body style than Logan.

Nothing.

With the weigh international weigh ins are done he's still a 60 kilo guy.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Riding was a huge story of the finals...Made the difference in the 174, 285, 133, 141, 157, and 165 finals.

I wish Ramos had been given the 2NF just so I didn't have to listen to people claim he was robbed for the next year. Steiber is the better wrestler. He won. You can "what if" this thing until the cows come home. Doesn't change the outcome.
    I like Tony Ramos. I hope he gets a title next year but he didn't earn one Saturday night.
    Also, tip of the hat to DSJ. Deserving champion and an amazing counter wrestler, but I thought he stalled and rode the ankle the whole second period. I never saw a legitimate attempt to turn Welch. For Dake to have gotten dinged for stalling and DSJ to have gotten a pass didn't seem real consistent to me. If Welch had hung on to the ankle like DSJ did for an entire period, the Iowa fans would have been over the top. I remember how they reacted to Dake's ride on DSJ last year which I thought was much more aggressive that the one DSJ put on Welch this year.
    There seems to be a real divergence between the Iowa fans perspective on the "Iowa style", the coaches philosophy (which I think is closely aligned with the fans) and the way the team wrestles (with the exception of Ramos). Not sure how you reconcile that.