Thread: Well Shucks...

Default Well Shucks...

Kind of an Anticlimatic way to end a race between the top two, but with BOTH green and Napoli getting upset in the first round I think I'm well and truly out of it. Green is going to have to beat Alton or Welch in the R12 just to PLACE, and thats assuming he doesnt choke again.

Napoli has Zilverburg, then Peppleman and Dong just to place. A little less threatening, but given that he just got dominated by a fairly medicore Taylor Walsh I dont like my chances

With two of my top seeds having a good shot at not even placing I dont think I have any hope of keeping up with Dutch. I don't know if there is any other team that qualified that has a shot but I dont expect to be in the running
    Gold is an idiot.

Round of 12

Default Re: Well Shucks...

Still anyone's tournament at this point, I have you, me, and Zapp within 3.5 points

Who are we kidding, you have 5 guys that are probably going to make the finals if not win titles. I'll be lucky to get that many into the semis even.
    Gold is an idiot.

I think it'll be a decent contest between me and zapp for 2nd
    Gold is an idiot.

Round of 12

Ok, after going 7-7 in the quarters, I think you are right!

congrats Dutch !!
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Round of 12

Thanks buddy! Studied how you play this game for two years!

125: US Cullinan

Not a guy who was a lock to AA by any means but he was highly ranked before he pooped his pants at the conference tourney. THen he had a great draw here and choked again vs Okie State

133: Morrison
    Has done as well or even slightly better then I expected.

141: Stieber
    Has wrestled terribly all tournament, ended up squeaking by on a controversial call in the quarters, then choking against a guy he's beaten 3-4 times handily in the semis. Not only sank any hope of me winning the tournament but also is probably going to cost me $100 since I bet against Maple

149: Brascetta
    Lost a close one to the slightly lower seeded sueflohn, then again to Sakaguchi. Both guys he could have beaten but not guys he was necessarily favored over, so I cant be too disapointed with how he turned out

157: Napoli
    Just... woww... Easily the biggest flameout of the tournament, Napoli crapped his pants in the most epic of fashions and got dominated twice en route to 0-2

157: Green
    Darkhorse guy to win a title, underperformed pretty severely. Got upset in the first round, then wrestled back only to lose again to moore who apparently has his number. He faces Flemming for 7th and I kind of expect him to lose that match

165: DT
    Probably my only bright spot in my entire lineup

174: Brown
    I lied, Brown has lived up to a seed he probably didnt earn and bonused along the way. Of all of my wrestlers, he has the only one who has really performed ABOVE expectations in any way

184: Ihnen
    Upset in the early rounds and then loses to Loder in the R12. Not a shocking occurence considering he came in as 9 seed, but pretty disappointing since I was counting on an AA from him. Also since he's beaten Loder the last two times they've wrestled.

197: Wilps
    Lost a close one to Wright (I wasn't following at the time so I dont know the specifics). He's done what he was seeded to do, hopefully won't get upset in the WB

HVY: Hanke
    Lost a match to McMullan that in all honestly was a tossup, then decided to be a turd and get pinned by a medicore Delaney from Citadel. Big underperformance

Overall my team has performed below average, with several of my biggest guys getting upset at key moments. I was an underdog coming into this so I'm not shocked to lose, but I was hoping there would at least be some drama about it.

I haven't looked to see how Zapp or others are doing, its possible I wont even get 2nd with my guys effort
    Gold is an idiot.

125 Thorn-AA
    Kraisser-Cox from Wyoming clocked him in Rd 12, Delgado is just better.

133 McCormick AA

141 Nevinger-AA

149-Houdashelt AA

157-Alton AA

165 Yates AA

174 Fausey-I was weak here to be sure.

184 Bosak AA

197 Burak-Got beat by Kilgore and Gadsen

Hwt Trice AA
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."