Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: J Oliver

Default Re: J Oliver

1. I believe the backlash was a result of the comment that Steinhaus had Ruth "totally out of his game".
    2. Isn't 11-9 just as close as 5-3?
    3. I feel that Hamlin is competitively closer because Hamlin picked up a couple takedowns, whereas Steinhaus didn't score an offensive point

I think the discussion is how at risk is Ruth in going for the title. Personally, unless Ruth has a match where his mind isn't in it, as he did a time or two his FR year (I haven't seen him have a match like that since), I don't see anyone beating him. He's just so dominant. I would say that JO is next in the can't miss category.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengopher View Post
    Ruth has 4 decisions all year he won 11-9 over Hamlin and 5-3 over Steinhaus for his two closest wins. He beat Bosak by 4 and Sheptok by 7. To make fun of Steinhaus' performance is pretty pathetic since it was one of 4 times all year Ruth didn't bonus point his opponent and was also his closest match of the year.
    I nearly forgot 11-9>5-3

Nobody's making fun. You're just sensitive because you like Minnesota.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Lofthouse took him down in Iowa City. Just sayin...
    No. Sure didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    No. Sure didn't.
    I believe ER has given up 4 TD's this year. He gave up 2 TD's to Hamlin after he had jumped out to a big lead. Ihnen took Ruth down before getting TF'ed. And Gambrall got a TD in a 21-10 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    1. I believe the backlash was a result of the comment that Steinhaus had Ruth "totally out of his game".
    2. Isn't 11-9 just as close as 5-3?
    3. I feel that Hamlin is competitively closer because Hamlin picked up a couple takedowns, whereas Steinhaus didn't score an offensive point
    Percentage wise 11-9 is closer than5-3.

JO is a dangerous one to predict, as you could legitimately predict that he won't be challenged or that he will underperform and not win... There is legitimate evidence for either and you can end up looking like a fool for choosing the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    No. Sure didn't.

Youre right, it wasn't Loftouse. It was his backup Gambrall.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    JO is a dangerous one to predict, as you could legitimately predict that he won't be challenged or that he will underperform and not win... There is legitimate evidence for either and you can end up looking like a fool for choosing the wrong one.
    I feel like there's a lot of "JO underperforms" sentiment, and I can't help but be completely baffled.

He had an up and down Freshman year and at NCAA's he placed 4th behind 3 absolute studs. He devastated everyone his sophomore year, and lost in very controversial fashion not being given a takedown his junior year. A position I have seen two given at least 15 times since that match. Also, Logan Stieber, he's kind of good.

Since that match, he's steamrolled everyone up at 149 including the 4 seed. So I don't get the underperform stuff.