Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA First Round Upsets

Default Re: NCAA First Round Upsets

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2400 View Post
    How about Porter against Matt Brown too? Another very dangerous match
    Brown beat Porter 9-4 at the Scuffle but even so I agree this is a tough draw for him.

how many matches do you have to win in a row to AA if you lose your 1st match? 3 or 4

Quote Originally Posted by minnEsota View Post
    how many matches do you have to win in a row to AA if you lose your 1st match? 3 or 4
    4 matches to get through the round of 12 and reach the medal rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Wright will definitely know that he's been on the bottom when in that position. Kilgore is probably the most punishing wrestler on top that I've seen. I almost have nightmares thinking of what that experience would be like!
    Wright also doesn't tend to explode out from bottom. He might prefer to take neutral and hope to beat Kilgore on his feet. This, of course, is assuming that both get to the finals!

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Wright also doesn't tend to explode out from bottom. He might prefer to take neutral and hope to beat Kilgore on his feet. This, of course, is assuming that both get to the finals!
    "I take down!"
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Wright is awesome on bottom. Lots of cool rolls, switches. He's dangerous underneath.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Wright is awesome on bottom. Lots of cool rolls, switches. He's dangerous underneath.
    Switches especially, great leverage with his length.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    "I take down!"
    Fun reference, but I don't see this being anywhere near that situation (of course, that may have been the only 6+ minute ride in finals history)
    I think it is must harder to control longer guys than it is Molinaro-type shorter guys. I expect Kilgore will try to make him earn it, but Wright should be getting out. As mentioned above, we may be more likely to see a reversal (or near reversal with a Kilgore bail out) than a standard escape.

Edit: I have seen Q go with a standing switch a few times lately. I don't think that will be successful against Kilgore if they meet.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    You're right, Q is dangerous from any position. But, I have also seen Q get ridden at times. I guess Q on the mat is like he is everywhere--usually awesome, but occasionally he doesn't do all that much. On his feet he has a super blast double to go along with his throws. But in a few matches he just puts it away and doesn't use it--Ihnen last year at B1G's and Bosak in the finals. But, I've got to admit, if he's in the finals against Kilgore I expect he will bring his "A" game.