Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Results from Conferences

Default Re: Results from Conferences

On a side note, do the B12 conference duals count in this weeks totals or toward the WC spot? I'm fine with counting them but I think we should look into that next year, they should definitely count toward the point totals but I'm not sure how I would feel about counting them in the conference totals for the WC going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by dutch134 View Post
    I don't know how Jensen is going to handle that part of it, but I do know he posted that those scores would count. He may add those scores to the overall scores for people and then use just the conference tournament scores for the wild card.

Gage-I don't know how Jensen is going to handle it, but in my calculations, which definitely could be wrong, I had at least two people with a higher score than you for this week that were not in the top 5. I did however include the Big 12 matches in the scores, but I still don't think that will drop either of the two below your score.
    pretty sure I didn't make it into the top 5, but I have ZERO from the Big 12 in my lineup so no matter how those scores are counted it won't drop my total any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Round of 12

Snackem, I am pretty sure you are going to get in with the WC

Quote Originally Posted by dutch134 View Post
    I don't know how Jensen is going to handle that part of it, but I do know he posted that those scores would count. He may add those scores to the overall scores for people and then use just the conference tournament scores for the wild card.
    I hadn't really thought about it, but this sounds like as good an idea as what I'm going to receive.

We'll handle it like this.

I'll have totals tabulated and finalized sometime by the end of the week.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    I don't see how those count during a tournament week. I have no problem with the point being added to a weekly total but adding them to the tournament total for wild card purposes is a little odd.

Which is similar to what i posted earlier.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Damn, well god job this year. I might run a losers pool for nationals to see who's the best non qualifier... Looking forward to next yer though!
    I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score
    -Dan Gable

As I sit here and think about it, I'm going to just calculate the scores as they are (for my own convenience) first.

If things look like they're close enough to warrant a look I'll take the B12 duals scores out from this week's total.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Picking my way through things, I wound up with 231.

Take away the 28 points I got from my two OK State guys at the B12 duals and it would theoretically leave me with 203 just off tournaments.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Nahshon Garrett (EIWA Champ)- 29
    George DiCamillo (ACC Champ)- 18
    Mitchell Port (EWL Champ)- 21
    Donnie Vinson (CAA Champ) - 23
    Brennan Brumley (CAA DNP) - 3
    Pierce Harger (B10 6th) - 10
    Nick Bonnacorsi (EWL Champ)- 24
    Ben Bennett (MAC Champ)- 22
    Mario Gonzalez (B10 3rd)- 10
    Mike McClure (B10 7th)- 12
    Niko Brown (SoCon Champ)- 18

This gives me a grand total of 190 points
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth