Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Big 10 upsets!

Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Ha - because that's leaving the inflammatory comments to the Iowa fans!
    LOL... Just poking fun Blue, I'm sure they can take it.

Well, McDonough is definitely not the same wrestler as he was. But Kudos to Delgado. That kid is an amazing finisher. Probably havent seen a better finisher from being extended in on shots since Morningstar.

McDonough though is not 100% this year, and thats obvious. Without going into detail, I dont believe he will win it, but he will be right there either way.

Also, Brown wrestled a great tournament as well. 174 will be awesome to watch at Des Moines.

Things that stuck out though are how bad of a tournament the Altons wrestled. Not so much Andrew I guess since he wrestled above seed, but that seed was a disappointing seed as well. Without the Altons coming to wrestle in Des Moines I think State Penn struggles to win at Nationals. It wont be a blow out anyways as some of their fans expect.

Quote Originally Posted by dback_5 View Post
    Things that stuck out though are how bad of a tournament the Altons wrestled. Not so much Andrew I guess since he wrestled above seed, but that seed was a disappointing seed as well. Without the Altons coming to wrestle in Des Moines I think State Penn struggles to win at Nationals. It wont be a blow out anyways as some of their fans expect.
    Completely agree, both Altons were disappointments this past weekend. I've been saying all along if the Alton brothers don't step it up we're in for a serious dogfight at Nationals!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Sour grapes . So glad Cael has no clue how to coach. Wake up Evans had No offense. If wrestlers did not have ankles to hold on to Iowa would have nothing to hold on to . Your program has poor coaching bring in someone to teach take downs. OOPs forgot you guys love the Brands no offense thing.
    This is someone bringing common sense and logic to the table. Finally.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dback_5 View Post
    Well, McDonough is definitely not the same wrestler as he was. But Kudos to Delgado. That kid is an amazing finisher. Probably havent seen a better finisher from being extended in on shots since Morningstar.

McDonough though is not 100% this year, and thats obvious. Without going into detail, I dont believe he will win it, but he will be right there either way.

Also, Brown wrestled a great tournament as well. 174 will be awesome to watch at Des Moines.

There is no doubt that no one's more disappointed in the Altons than they are themselves. But I think they have different issues. DA had a bad tournament on an otherwise very good season. If he doesn't let this get to his head (or better yet, use it as a motivator) he should be all right. A Alton is different. His potential is out-of-sight. For the 1st period he is just incredible. But he's gassing, and have no idea what's going on with that. From a source that knows, he's in great shape and it's not a conditioning issue. But, if he doesn't get that worked out it will be hard to do better than a low all-american. If he gets it worked out he could go as high as 2. So far it's looking more like the low AA/R12, but we'll see in 1 1/2 weeks.

Regardless, the NCAA's should be a real dog fight with anyone of 4 teams able to bring home the trophy!