Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big 10 upsets!

Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

IMO, Evans beats Brown if not for the one mistake that put himself on his back for five points. I am confident that if they meet in Des Moines, Evans wins.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    IMO, Evans beats Brown if not for the one mistake that put himself on his back for five points. I am confident that if they meet in Des Moines, Evans wins.
    Sour grapes . So glad Cael has no clue how to coach. Wake up Evans had No offense. If wrestlers did not have ankles to hold on to Iowa would have nothing to hold on to . Your program has poor coaching bring in someone to teach take downs. OOPs forgot you guys love the Brands no offense thing.

Brown had to chase him for three periods you need to wake up and smell the coffee. He will NEVER beat Brown again. OUT COACHED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that goes the same way for both guys at this point. One mistake is it - very little separation otherwise. I felt it was the one late mistake that cost Brown in the dual, same for Evans in the tournament. I still think Evans has a slight skill advantage, Brown has the strength. I'll hope he now has the momentum, I do think he has been more active offensively, but maybe that's just the homer bias.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I think that goes the same way for both guys at this point. One mistake is it - very little separation otherwise. I felt it was the one late mistake that cost Brown in the dual, same for Evans in the tournament. I still think Evans has a slight skill advantage, Brown has the strength. I'll hope he now has the momentum, I do think he has been more active offensively, but maybe that's just the homer bias.
    Watch is discuss all of this then Lee Munster wins nationals haha
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    it can't be understated the emotional toll that sock pull took on evans. As though you can simply "recover" from such an assault.

I admire evans for finishing the match. He'll be ready for des moines. With ankle socks.
    lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Brown had to chase him for three periods you need to wake up and smell the coffee. He will NEVER beat Brown again. OUT COACHED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lionheart--I'm a PSU fan too, but I think you need to tone it down a bit. I was delighted to see Brown get a solid win over Evans, but I can't guarantee he would do it again at the NCAA's, although I'm optimistic. But we don't need to knock someone else's coach, it does nothing to add to the win. Let's just enjoy the win, look forward to the NCAA's, and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Lionheart--I'm a PSU fan too, but I think you need to tone it down a bit. I was delighted to see Brown get a solid win over Evans, but I can't guarantee he would do it again at the NCAA's, although I'm optimistic. But we don't need to knock someone else's coach, it does nothing to add to the win. Let's just enjoy the win, look forward to the NCAA's, and leave it at that.
    I agree with Tom, tone it down Lionheart. Brown got lucky and caught him, otherwise the match could've gone either way. Show some respect and leave the inflammatory comments for Iowa fans.

Quote Originally Posted by nlion91 View Post
    I agree with Tom, tone it down Lionheart. Brown got lucky and caught him, otherwise the match could've gone either way. Show some respect and leave the inflammatory comments for Iowa fans.
    Ha - because that's leaving the inflammatory comments to the Iowa fans!