Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 41

Thread: Big 10 upsets!

  1. #10

    Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Agree 100%, don't know what's up but he's not looking good at all.

    I always just assumed that by this year Ramos would be wrestling 125 and McDonough would be up at 133 as he just looks too big for 25. I wonder if the weight cutting is catching up to him, or if he's gotten a bit...I don't want to say "complacent," but perhaps that extra drive you need, that "chip," you need on your shoulder, the one he had as a Freshmen who had something to prove and then the one who came back after losing to the guy who was the story of the year in Robles.

    I don't know, maybe it's the weight, maybe some guys just need people doubting them, or don't do as well when people just assume you're going to win it.


    Of course, at the end of the day, Malone is an EXTREMELY talented Freshmen, he has beaten Megdaludis this year and his only loss is Delgado, a guy who's a terrible matchup for him. So I don't want to make TOO much out of it, but as of now....not looking great.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  2. #11

    Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

    Looks like they are running through consi's before the go to the semis.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger84 View Post
    I always just assumed that by this year Ramos would be wrestling 125 and McDonough would be up at 133 as he just looks too big for 25. I wonder if the weight cutting is catching up to him, or if he's gotten a bit...I don't want to say "complacent," but perhaps that extra drive you need, that "chip," you need on your shoulder, the one he had as a Freshmen who had something to prove and then the one who came back after losing to the guy who was the story of the year in Robles.

    I don't know, maybe it's the weight, maybe some guys just need people doubting them, or don't do as well when people just assume you're going to win it.


    Of course, at the end of the day, Malone is an EXTREMELY talented Freshmen, he has beaten Megdaludis this year and his only loss is Delgado, a guy who's a terrible matchup for him. So I don't want to make TOO much out of it, but as of now....not looking great.
    Ranger, I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but Malone hasn't wrestled Megaludis. Last year, NW's Mele beat Megaludis in OT at the B1G's.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Ranger, I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but Malone hasn't wrestled Megaludis. Last year, NW's Mele beat Megaludis in OT at the B1G's.

    I was doing two things at once. I meant to say McDonough is an extremely talented wrestler.....sorry. That's a pretty bad mistake on two parts, wrong name and then I just lost my train of thought.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  5. #14

    Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

    God is it nice to see Penn State take off and not only close the gap, but start to blow past Iowa this round.

    Any year Iowa's NOT winning the B10's is a great year.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  6. #15

    Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger84 View Post
    God is it nice to see Penn State take off and not only close the gap, but start to blow past Iowa this round.

    Any year Iowa's NOT winning the B10's is a great year.
    Just out of curiosity do you cheer FOR anyone or just against Iowa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

    For Wisconsin.

  8. #17
    NCAA Champ BlueBloodLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same planet as you
    Posts
    1,029

    Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

    I LOVE this tournament!

  9. #18

    Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Shirtaugh View Post
    I can't believe how gassed Grajales looked. Especially this late in the season, wrestling against an opponent that wasn't in OSU's starting line up this year. He was sucking wind hard in the second period.
    Can't believe A Alton took it to him like he did (14-8), guess he finally found someone who gasses harder than he does.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •