149: #8 Ian Paddock OSU over #1 Eric Grajales MICH
    149: #7 Dan Osterman MSU over #2 Ivan Lopouchanski PUR

157: #6 Josh Demas OSU over #3 Dylan Alton PSU

174: #8 Dan Yates MICH over #1 Logan Storley MINN
    174: #5 Matt Brown PSU over #4 Nick Heflin OSU
    174: #6 Jordan Blanton ILL over #3 Robert Kokesh NEB

184: #5 Ethen Lofthouse IOWA over #4 John Rizqallah MSU

197: #6 Nathan Burak IOWA over #3 Mario Gonzalez ILL
    Last edited by GAGE; 03-09-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score
    -Dan Gable

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Default Re: Big 10 upsets!

Going in we knew how crazy tough 174 was. Glad to see it isn't disappointing
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

I can't believe how gassed Grajales looked. Especially this late in the season, wrestling against an opponent that wasn't in OSU's starting line up this year. He was sucking wind hard in the second period.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    Going in we knew how crazy tough 174 was. Glad to see it isn't disappointing
    Yes, Evans was the only one of the top 4 seeds to make it out of the quarters!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Shirtaugh View Post
    I can't believe how gassed Grajales looked. Especially this late in the season, wrestling against an opponent that wasn't in OSU's starting line up this year. He was sucking wind hard in the second period.
    Only a wild guess, but I'll bet that it wasn't the weight cut that had him so out of gas.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Kokish the biggest upset as he had previously beaten Blanton with highlight reel tds.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Only a wild guess, but I'll bet that it wasn't the weight cut that had him so out of gas.
    It's usually tough to tell when he's gassing because he ALWAYS wrestles the same way and he always looks bored or like he's stalling before he explodes and scores.

Kept waiting for it, but he just didn't have it in him.

By the way, what in the hell is going on with McDonough? 5-4 vs Malone? This is NOT the same McDonough who racked up bonus points almost like David Taylor does his first three years.

I'm starting to think it won't be Delgado or Megdaludis who upsets him at the NCAA's, it could be anyone. He's just not the same Wrestler.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Kokish the biggest upset as he had previously beaten Blanton with highlight reel tds.
    I don't know if you can say which 174 pound upset was the biggest....Blanton is a stud. A 6 v 3 in this tournament is so close that in 10 matches it could easily be 5-5 either way.

Storley was the guy who really surprised me as I thought he was similar to Howe was. He always wrestles close matches, but finds a way to win. But when the #8 seed is a guy like Yates, it's kinda hard to really be surprised when he beats anyone.

I'd have bet on Storley, but I just can't be too shocked with any result at 174. One of those weights you could see a 7th and 8th seed in the finals.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger84 View Post
    By the way, what in the hell is going on with McDonough? 5-4 vs Malone? This is NOT the same McDonough who racked up bonus points almost like David Taylor does his first three years.

I'm starting to think it won't be Delgado or Megdaludis who upsets him at the NCAA's, it could be anyone. He's just not the same Wrestler.
    Agree 100%, don't know what's up but he's not looking good at all.