Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: B1G brackets

Default Re: B1G brackets

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Both times that A Alton has wrestled Sueflohn this year he got up 4-1 in the 1st period and gassed both times. Not sure what the problem is. Someone very close to the team has said clearly that it's not a conditioning issue, that AA's in good condition. I hope it gets worked out before NCAA's.
    I don't want to be negative, but I don't see that happening. As the stage gets bigger his tank gets smaller.

Flop--you may well be right. My feeling is that it's pyschological and that he gets too wired too early and burns himself out. I don't know that for sure, but I don't know anything else that makes more sense. Some think he may be pulling too much weight, but I'm not convinced about that. He doesn't seem to have worked it out yet. Was glad to see he got a 16 sec fall in consys. That way, he won't have spent too much energy before his nexst match with Grajales tonight. For 1 1/2 periods, Alton can look good against almost anyone.

Tom,
    I bought into that A.Alton ''cutting too much'' B.S. 2 years ago when he was at 141 yet not now. He was doomed from the last 45 seconds of period 2 . I think the word is out on alton-stay off your back the first period and you have a great chance of winning . Alton was balled up trying (or looking like he was trying ) to break a wrist lock and nearly got turned 2x .
    Alton/Grajales could be an epic match for about 90 seconds then they might both stroke out .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Tom,
    I bought into that A.Alton ''cutting too much'' B.S. 2 years ago when he was at 141 yet not now. He was doomed from the last 45 seconds of period 2 . I think the word is out on alton-stay off your back the first period and you have a great chance of winning . Alton was balled up trying (or looking like he was trying ) to break a wrist lock and nearly got turned 2x .
    Alton/Grajales could be an epic match for about 90 seconds then they might both stroke out .
    Russ--I agree with you, I don't think weight cutting is AA's problem at 149. The Grajales match should be quite interesting.

I think they're wrestling multiple weigh semis all at once, which is annoying. I'm watching three mats on my computer but I totally missed the 141 Stieber match. WTF?

As usual, A Alton is up 4-2 in 1st against Grajales. Can he keep up the pace?

Iowa is 3 for 3 so far for finalists, seems like they may be in the process of pulling one off (especially with Delgado finally beating Megaludis)
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Alton wins 14-8! He was letting Grajales out at the end trying to get a TD for the MD. It was Grajales who gassed badly and AA's wind was good throughout. Glad to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Iowa is 3 for 3 so far for finalists, seems like they may be in the process of pulling one off (especially with Delgado finally beating Megaludis)
    Iowa is really having a great day so far--Dziewa (2x) is the only one to have lost so far!