Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 110

Thread: B1G Pick'em Contest

  1. #1

    Default B1G Pick'em Contest

    Anyone interested in a B1G pick’em contest? Here’s the game. Pick a team of 10 wrestlers, one for each weight class. You can only pick one #1 seeded wrestler. You can pick up to two #2 seeded wrestlers, but only if you did not pick a #1 seeded wrestler. Another way to look at is by picking a wrestler in 10 different rounds. Round #1 – you can pick any wrestler. Round #2 – you can pick any wrestler seeded #2 or lower. Round #3 – you can pick any wrestler seeded #3 or lower, etc. For example, here are my picks:

    Round 1 – 165 – David Taylor, PSU (#1 Seed)
    Round 2 – 149 – Dylan Ness, Minn (#3 Seed)
    Round 3 – 125 – Jesse Delgado, Ill (#3 Seed)
    Round 4 – 157 – James Green, Neb (#4 Seed)
    Round 5 – 174 – Matt Brown, PSU (#5 Seed)
    Round 6 – 133 – Cashe Quiroga (#7 Seed)
    Round 7 – 285 – James Lawson, PSU (#7 Seed)
    Round 8 – 184 – Cody Magrum, OSU (#8 Seed)
    Round 9 – 197 – Luke Jones, MSU (#10 Seed)
    Round 10 – 141 – Steven Rodrigues, Ill (Unseeded)

    You earn team points from each of your wrestler’s points earned in the tournament. The one with the most points wins. For tiebreaker, pick the winning team and margin of victory.

    My tie-breaker = Penn State by 8 points

    I’ll try and tally scores for everyone, but it would be nice if you could do your own. If people like this, we can do it for Nationals too. This is different enough from Whippet’s pick’em contest that it shouldn’t steal any of his thunder.

    No prizes. This is for pride and bragging rights.

    Post your team here.
    Last edited by chocell; 03-08-2013 at 11:42 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: B1G Pick'em Contest

    I'm assuming that you can pick the same wrestler that someone else has picked. Otherwise the first posters get the best choices.

    Rd 1--Taylor 165 (PSU) #1 seed
    Rd 2--Megaludis 125 (PSU) #2 seed
    Rd 3--D Alton 157 (PSU) #3 seed
    Rd 4--Telford Hwt (Iowa) #4 seed
    Rd 5--Brown 174 (PSU) #5 seed
    Rd 6--A Alton 149 (PSU) #6 seed
    Rd 7--C Dardanes 133 (Minn) #7 seed
    Rd 8--Magrum 184 (tOSU) #8 seed
    Rd 9--Polizzi 197 (NW) #9 seed
    Rd 10--Rodriguez 141 (ILL) US

    I didn't set out to pick a bunch of PSU wrestlers, it just turned out that way.

    Tie-breaker: PSU by 12 points

  3. #3

    Default Re: B1G Pick'em Contest

    125-#3 Jesse Delgado
    133-#7 Chris Dardanes
    141-#8 Camryn Jackson
    149-#5 Cam Tessari
    157-#4 James Green
    165-#1 David Taylor
    174-#6 Jordan Blanton
    184-#?? Pat Kissel
    197 #2 Scott Schiller
    285 #10 Nick Tavanello

    Iowa by 65 points.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #4

    Default Re: B1G Pick'em Contest

    Rd 1 - Taylor 165 (PSU) #1 seed
    Rd 2 - Ramos 133 (Iowa) #2 seed
    Rd 3 - Delgado 125 (Ill) #3 seed
    Rd 4 - Sueflhon 149 (Neb) #4 seed
    Rd 5 - Brown 174 (PSU) #5 seed
    Rd 6 - Alton 141 (PSU #6 seed
    Rd 7 - Dardanes (Minn) #7 seed
    Rd 8 - Zilverberg (Minn) #8 seed
    Rd 9 - Dziewa (Iowa) #9 seed
    Rd 10 - Tavanello (OSU) #10 seed

    PSU by 5 points

  5. #5

    Default Re: B1G Pick'em Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I'm assuming that you can pick the same wrestler that someone else has picked. Otherwise the first posters get the best choices.
    Yes, you can pick the same wrestler that someone else has picked. I figured a lot of people will be picking Andrew Alton as a #6 seed and Chris Dardanes as a #7, and even Matt Brown as a #5 seed. If they're on their game, all of those guys have a chance to do much better than their seeds.

  6. #6

    Default Re: B1G Pick'em Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by nlion91 View Post
    Rd 1 - Taylor 165 (PSU) #1 seed
    Rd 2 - Ramos 133 (Iowa) #2 seed
    Rd 3 - Delgado 125 (Ill) #3 seed
    Rd 4 - Sueflhon 149 (Neb) #4 seed
    Rd 5 - Brown 174 (PSU) #5 seed
    Rd 6 - Alton 141 (PSU #6 seed
    Rd 7 - Dardanes (Minn) #7 seed
    Rd 8 - Zilverberg (Minn) #8 seed
    Rd 9 - Dziewa (Iowa) #9 seed
    Rd 10 - Tavanello (OSU) #10 seed

    PSU by 5 points
    Andrew Alton is at 149, not 141. You've already picked Sueflohn for your 149 pounder. Also, the #7 seeded Dardanes is at 133, but you already picked Ramos as your 133 pounder.

  7. #7

    Default Re: B1G Pick'em Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by chocell View Post
    Andrew Alton is at 149, not 141. You've already picked Sueflohn for your 149 pounder. Also, the #7 seeded Dardanes is at 133, but you already picked Ramos as your 133 pounder.

    Apparently following directions is not my strong suit. Let's try this again:

    125 - Delgado (Ill) #3 seed
    133 - Ramos (Iowa) #2 seed
    141 - Greco (Ind) #7 seed
    149 - Alton (PSU) #6 seed
    157 - Walsh (Ind) #5 seed
    165 - Taylor (PSU) #1 seed
    174 - Liegel (Wis) #9 seed
    184 - Magrum (OSU) #8 seed
    194 - Campolattano (OSU) #4 seed
    Hwt - Tavanello (OSU) #10 seed

    PSU by 5.

  8. #8

    Default Re: B1G Pick'em Contest

    round 1 taylor 165

    round 2 ramos 133

    round 3 delago 125

    round 4 green 157

    round 5 brown 174

    round 6 alton 149

    round 7 greco 141

    round 8 huntley 197

    round 9 johnson hwt

    round 10 kissel 184


    psu by 6
    Last edited by yakrider; 03-07-2013 at 08:23 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: B1G Pick'em Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    125-#3 Jesse Delgado
    133-#7 Chris Dardanes
    141-#8 Camryn Jackson
    149-#5 Cam Tessari
    157-#4 James Green
    165-#1 David Taylor
    174-#6 Jordan Blanton
    184-#?? Pat Kissel
    197 #2 Scott Schiller
    285 #10 Nick Tavanello

    Iowa by 65 points.
    Vais--How can you pick Iowa by 65 points and NOT PICK a single Iowa wrestler???

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •