Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "Injuries" at National Duals.

Default Re: "Injuries" at National Duals.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    McCormick and Smith don't duck or play seeding games.
    I try to understand the science behind seeding as little as possible, but it would seem to me that McCormick could ONLY stand to gain a seed by wrestling Ramos, as opposed to "ducking him." Again, based on my limited understanding, if he lost to Ramos, no harm, no foul for McCormick; he likely wouldn't lose a seed. However, if he wins, obviously, he takes a big jump up (possibly) in seeding.

So, I agree with you on this one. I just wouldn't see the benefit to doing that for seeding purposes.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Yeah he's seed couldn't suffer at all had he wrestled Ramos. He cost himself a chance to improve his seed with a win, so I highly doubt this was a case of protecting a seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Looks like Brad Smith didn't want McCormick wrestling against Ramos this weekend. This is the type of crap that has to be cut from wrestling. It doesn't do the sport any good and I highly doubt McCormick was hurt. He seemed fine in his other matches last weekend. Brad Smith was simply playing the seeding card.
    If you're going to pop off, at least get the name of the person that you're popping off about correct.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

It's Brian Smith, Chop. Since you highly doubt it, that must make it true, huh? McCormick and Smith don't duck or play seeding games. Period. I know them both personally. He's dinged up.
    He got beat pretty bad by Morrison(5-1) and had previously beaten him 4-3. I'd say it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he was hurt with that big of a performance disparity. Plus, there is nothing in it for McCormick to skip out on Ramos. He's already ranked behind him. No seeding protection there. Gotta be smart with your athletes, and honestly, gotta credit to Mizzou and Coach Smith for winning without one of their highest ranked wrestlers.

However, I'm curious what you thought about Dom missing against Z and wrestling the next day?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Dom was also dinged up that weekend. Not enough to keep him from cruising to easy victory against Oklahoma, but enough to not risk it against Z.

Dom was also dinged up that weekend. Not enough to keep him from cruising to easy victory against Oklahoma, but enough to not risk it against Z.
    Fair enough.

What is the risk of wrestling when "dinged up?"

The assertion that it wasn't worth wrestling against Z insinuates he was more likely to be injured since Z is a better wrestler. I don't think you're more or less likely to get injured if a guys good or bad.

If the risk is re-injury, he's just as likely to get hurt wrestling Hall as he is Z(an opinion). If the issue is he's not clicking on all cylinders and you're afraid he'll lose to Z because he's not 100%, I think that's the issue that bothers wrestling fans.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Holy smokes why don't you kill me for accidently putting the incorrect coaches name down.

Va I am not sure what if/or anything was wrong with McCormick. I seen the match with Morrison and he looked just fine the entire match. I am sick of people suddenly not wrestling. It is bad for the sport in my opinion. I do think McCormick losing to both Morrison and Ramos could have an impact on his seed. If Waters would have never had the opportunity to wrestle McD there is no way he gets the 1 seed. Now if Waters was beat by McD his seed could certainly be hurt for losing.

I also think if Dom was able to compete the day after ducking Z he could have wrestled Z. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    If you're going to pop off, at least get the name of the person that you're popping off about correct.
    JensenS sorry for putting the incorrect name down. I obviously know who Brad Smith is and who Brian Smith is. Must have been in a big hurry and that Brad made the jump to the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Fair enough.

What is the risk of wrestling when "dinged up?"

The assertion that it wasn't worth wrestling against Z insinuates he was more likely to be injured since Z is a better wrestler. I don't think you're more or less likely to get injured if a guys good or bad.

If the risk is re-injury, he's just as likely to get hurt wrestling Hall as he is Z(an opinion). If the issue is he's not clicking on all cylinders and you're afraid he'll lose to Z because he's not 100%, I think that's the issue that bothers wrestling fans.
    Va Brian Smith doesn't play ducking/seeding games don't you know? Do you sit your kid 1 day because he was hurt only to wrestle him the next day? I bet not.