Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramos Vs Schopp

Default Re: Ramos Vs Schopp

So is Graff. I'm not sure what will happen with Graff versus Ramos right now. Earlier in the year I'd be all Ramos, right now I'm leaning towards Graff in a nail biter.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I agree with this, I mean Ramos is just beating the dog poop out of people.

Agree, and also Conaway got pinned by both of them as well. He does have some nice wins though as well. It's amazing how many of the top guys in this weight class haven't wrestled each other. Looks like Ramos is the only one that wrestled Dardanes.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Conaway won't be getting the #3 seed. Graff has only the one loss in the B1G (to Conaway) and Conaway has 2 losses (Ramos & Stieber). Graff will get the #3 seed and I suspect that Dardanes will get the #4 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    So is Graff. I'm not sure what will happen with Graff versus Ramos right now. Earlier in the year I'd be all Ramos, right now I'm leaning towards Graff in a nail biter.
    Who was Graff beaten recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Who was Graff beaten recently?
    Graff's wins since losing to Conaway

22. Tyler Graff Maj Kyle Visconti (Ohio State) 25-11 19-3

23. Tyler Graff Tech Alonzo Shepard (Indiana) 23-7 20-3

24. Tyler Graff Tech Danny Sabatello (Purdue) 21-5 21-3

25. Tyler Graff Tech Corey Hodowanic (Minnesota) 18-2 22-3

26. Tyler Graff Fall Levi Wolfensperger (Northern Iowa) 2:55 23-3

27. Tyler Graff Dec Mackenzie McGuire (Kent State) 8-2 24-3

A real murderer's row. Basically, his reason for picking Graff is...because he wants Graff to win. Which is fine, there are certainly weirder results in wrestling history that Tyler Graff beating Tony Ramos, and I'm being purposely facetious here. But all evidence that we have this season shows Ramos has been the best guy other than Stieber at the weight, and it's not particularly close.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I guess my thought is, as long as Ramos and Stieber are on opposite sides of the bracket, if they are really head and shoulders above everyone else, it shouldn't matter who faces Graff in the semis. The best guy should win whether he's seeded 1st or 8th.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Kent State's McKenzie is ranked or a big name, but he did beat OSU's Morrison earlier on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Conaway won't be getting the #3 seed. Graff has only the one loss in the B1G (to Conaway) and Conaway has 2 losses (Ramos & Stieber). Graff will get the #3 seed and I suspect that Dardanes will get the #4 seed.
    I'm not so sure about this. Conaway lost to the 1 and 2 guys. He then beat Graff. Otherwise, he is undefeated in the Big10 (one pin, 2 MDs, and a decision over #8 ranked Thomas from Illinois). Graff didn't wrestle 1 or 2, lost to Conaway, and is otherwise undefeated in the Big 10.

What is the argument that Graff gets the seed over Conaway?

Graff at the moment will not be seeded ahead of Conaway. Conaway owns the h2h and has a better Big 10 resume than Graff. Graff will be the 4 seed as of right now.

Conaway didn't get beat by the #1 and #2 guys, he got pinned by them. Graff is a 2 time returning All American and has always wrestled Ramos tough. I have a hard time believing Conaway will get the seed over Graff, although I've been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I'm not so sure about this. Conaway lost to the 1 and 2 guys. He then beat Graff. Otherwise, he is undefeated in the Big10 (one pin, 2 MDs, and a decision over #8 ranked Thomas from Illinois). Graff didn't wrestle 1 or 2, lost to Conaway, and is otherwise undefeated in the Big 10.

What is the argument that Graff gets the seed over Conaway?