Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ramos Vs Schopp

Default Re: Ramos Vs Schopp

[QUOTE=TomWright25;516236]
    Quote Originally Posted by dback_5 View Post
    Im still trying to find where people are bad mouthing Graff? Pretty much everybody on here has said that he is a very good wrestler. We will see if they wrestle at B1Gs to settle it hopefully. Im guessing they wont though unless Graff knocks off Streebler in the Semis.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you're figuring Ramos has the #1 seed. I believe preliminary seeds come out tomorrow. I don't think that Ramos will get it. Personally, I think Stieber deserves the #1 seed for the same reason that I think McD deserves the #1 seed--comparable records with the tie-breaker being their last year's B1G and NCAA championships. (I know that Stieber missed a few duals--but both Stieber and Ramos are undefeated, both looking very dominating). You don't displace the #1 because he was hurt for a few duals. McD, Nico and Delgado have traded wins this year. The tie-breaker is McD's record last year and in the past.

Edit: I realize another possibility is that you think Conaway gets the #3 seed and Graff #4. I don't think will happen either. Yes, Conaway beat Graff h2h, but Graff is still 7-1 in B1G vs 6-2 for Conaway. I know that Graff didn't wrestle either of Stieber & Ramos, but with his #3 ranking nationally and better B1G record, I see Graff as #3 (if you were projecting Graff at #4).
    Not necessarily what he is saying tom as what's his name from PSU might steal the 3rd seed . 1=Logan-2= ramos 3-whatshisname 4-Graff
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Yep Tom. I actually think that Streebler still gets the #1 seed, with Ramos, Conaway, and Graff going 2, 3, and 4. The head to head win by Conaway over Graff should get him the 3 seed. But, if it doesnt and Ramos and Graff wrestle in the semis thats fine as well. I know both Ramos and Streebler dont care who they wrestle. To win, you have to beat the best guys anyways. I hope they do actually wrestle though, personally I have Ramos by 3 points or more against Graff.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Im going to go out on a limb and say that Ranger is a little sensitive about Wisconsin wrestling.
    Yes, of course...that MUST be it. If I argue with you that Graff doesn't gas and you claim he does, and I ask you to back up your claim that he has and it's been "evident," and the NCAA's and you don't respond, that MUST mean that I'm "sensitive."
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger84 View Post
    Yes, of course...that MUST be it. If I argue with you that Graff doesn't gas and you claim he does, and I ask you to back up your claim that he has and it's been "evident," and the NCAA's and you don't respond, that MUST mean that I'm "sensitive."
    Glad we got that cleared up.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

To be honest, I don't think gassing was an issue in that match. I think he got frustrated with the head control (beating) that Long started putting on late in the second period, and Graff's own lack of ability to score from his feet after that. Graff looked good getting out from bottom 30 seconds into the third, and still looked pretty fresh as he backed away from Long for the rest of the period. He looked like he was just trying to finish the match and salvage the win rather than really gassing out. Once it went to OT, it was more of the same, though I think his frustration at letting the match get away made it look like he was tired.
    I do think he ran out of gas against Conaway (aka Whatshisname), but I think the situation was similar - he was up and just trying to hold on to the win. I think his issue is more frustration at not scoring late rather than gas tank. Given his technical skill, especially on his feet, it makes sense that he looks like he is struggling with gas when he can't score. I would not anticipate him having energy problems if he were down 7-6 in the third. I bet if he still feels he can score, he'll still look good.

Graf took a RS, then wrestled 2 years in the B1G as an elite 133-then an Oly red and STILL cannot mat wrestle one bit better than when he first arrived at wiscy.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Wait, a year of freestyle training didn't improve his mat wrestling??

Quote Originally Posted by dback_5 View Post
    Yep Tom. I actually think that Streebler still gets the #1 seed, with Ramos, Conaway, and Graff going 2, 3, and 4. The head to head win by Conaway over Graff should get him the 3 seed. But, if it doesnt and Ramos and Graff wrestle in the semis thats fine as well. I know both Ramos and Streebler dont care who they wrestle. To win, you have to beat the best guys anyways. I hope they do actually wrestle though, personally I have Ramos by 3 points or more against Graff.
    We'll know soon enough, but I really don't see Conaway getting the #3 seed. Yes, he beat Graff h2h, but Graff's B1G record is better and his national ranking is way better. The better B1G record alone should earn him the #3 seed. I would be pleasantly surprised if Conaway got the #3 seed, but I don't think he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    We'll know soon enough, but I really don't see Conaway getting the #3 seed. Yes, he beat Graff h2h, but Graff's B1G record is better and his national ranking is way better. The better B1G record alone should earn him the #3 seed. I would be pleasantly surprised if Conaway got the #3 seed, but I don't think he deserves it.

Tom IIRC Conaway only has lost 2 times in the Big. He lost to Ramos and Streebler correct? Graff has 1 loss in the Big to Conaway and hasn't face either guy Conaway lost to. So to say Graff has a better Big record is a stretch in my opinion. If Graff had faced Ramos and Streebler and lost would you still say Graff has a better Big record? I will be shocked if Conaway isn't seeded ahead of Graff at Big 10's. H2H is actually the 1st criteria IIRC when seeding which Conaway owns.