Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 33

Thread: Kyven Gadsen

  1. #10

    Default Re: Kyven Gadsen

    Kyven Gadsen is a class kid and extremely motivated. He has endured alot during his wrestling career and is not taking anything for granted.

    I also agree that Michael Moreno and Tanner Weatherman are pretty bright spots for Iowa State. We are wrestling with alot more heart and desire than we did last year and earlier this year.
    Hope it pays off!!

  2. #11

    Default Re: Kyven Gadsen

    Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    Kyven Gadsen is a class kid and extremely motivated. He has endured alot during his wrestling career and is not taking anything for granted.

    I also agree that Michael Moreno and Tanner Weatherman are pretty bright spots for Iowa State. We are wrestling with alot more heart and desire than we did last year and earlier this year.
    Hope it pays off!!
    I met Gadsen when he was about 13 or 14 selling raffle tickets in Waterloo to go some junior nationals tournament. At that time he was THE most polite, nice kid that I had ever met, and even wondered if there was something wrong with him because of his demeanor! Nope, he was just that way, but his "charm" sure made me buy a TON of tickets, yet none of them were winners.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Kyven Gadsen

    It does seem like ISU is way ahead of where they were at the beginning of the year. Their lower weights are all struggling though, I though Finch would be a top5 caliber guy by this point. Meeks should have redshirted...

  4. #13

    Default Re: Kyven Gadsen

    Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    It does seem like ISU is way ahead of where they were at the beginning of the year. Their lower weights are all struggling though, I though Finch would be a top5 caliber guy by this point. Meeks should have redshirted...
    Yes, Meeks is taking a pounding, but guys often redshirt in later years and benefit greatly from it; Joey Lazor is exhibit A.

    With that said, I was a bit surprised to see how much Wolfensperger manhandled Meeks (even though the 6-1 score may not have reflected it). He just flat out got bullied by him in that match.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Kyven Gadsen

    But at the same time, guys often forego a redshirt and get destroyed - possibly losing confidence and never getting to the level you expected. Too early to tell with Meeks, but boy is he struggling.

  6. #15

    Default Re: Kyven Gadsen

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    But Schwab is doing a GREAT JOB, even though ISU just spanked UNI like nobody's bidness.

    ISU is 7-4 in duals, UNI is 8-4, with three of those wins over JUCO teams and SIU Edwardsville.

    One coach has AAs under his belt, another doesn't.

    So, do we fire both coaches?

    No you don't fire Schwab. I think anyone who pays attention can tell that Schwab is changing the culture at UNI for the better. His wrestlers are wrestling better than they did 1 year ago also. UNI has some RS that should produce some serious talent in the years to come. I think Doug can recruit and develop kids and he hasn't had enough time to make his mark. UNI needed a fundamental turn around and face lift where ISU was a traditional power already and didn't need rebuilding. When I say rebuilding I mean facility wise not athlete wise. ISU needed some upgrades but not to the extent like UNI which Schwab is getting done. Schwab will be just fine but had alot to do in a short time program wise.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Kyven Gadsen

    Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    When I say rebuilding I mean facility wise not athlete wise. ISU needed some upgrades but not to the extent like UNI which Schwab is getting done.
    If you want some interesting reading related to this, do some searches from a few years back on panthernation where Penrith was saying that the facilities needed upgrading, I agreed, and you had two lone voices in the wilderness getting screamed at to, "stop making excuses," and that "the facilites are fine and just like every other school's!"

    Today, it's viewed as "Schwab is getting the job done." Oh my...
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #17

    Default Re: Kyven Gadsen

    You don't think doners were reluctant to donate with UNI not showing complete dedication to wrestling by keeping Penrith around? I think people were more willing to get out the checkbook once he was replaced with Schwab.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  9. #18

    Default Re: Kyven Gadsen

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Yes, Meeks is taking a pounding, but guys often redshirt in later years and benefit greatly from it; Joey Lazor is exhibit A.

    With that said, I was a bit surprised to see how much Wolfensperger manhandled Meeks (even though the 6-1 score may not have reflected it). He just flat out got bullied by him in that match.
    It's as though most kids 1 year removed from high school struggle to physically match seasoned, albeit less talented wrestlers.

    Color me shocked.

    Meeks not redshirting was nothing more than putting the athlete second so KJ could(try to) save his job. Nothing John has done this year suggested he was ready to go and compete year one. That's on Jackson. An all but wasted season for a true talent.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •