Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Waters new #1 at 125!

Default Re: Alan Waters new #1 at 125!

Not that this matters much this year, but Delgado beat Waters at last year's NCAA's (as did Zanetta).

2012-2013 stats
    McD
    14 - 1
    Vs top 15 guys 5-1
    Vs top 10 guys 2-1

Waters
    20-0
    Vs top 15 guys 5-0
    Vs top 10 guys 3-0
    (Patterson included as a top ten guy)

Doesn't look like McD has anymore "relevant" wins then Waters does.

Logically, if the #4 beats the #1, two things can happen: #1 goes down or #4 goes up. In this case, #3 has a win over #4 and #2 is still undefeated for the season. It would be hard to logically justify that #4 can jump over #2 & #3. So the remaining option is to drop #1. (see Chris Perry last week as an example)

If you believe that McD still should be #1 after this loss, ask yourself how many losses will it take before he drops to #2?

Now lets take a look at the 133lb rankings. If Stieber were to lose a match would he retain the #1 ranking? Ramos is undefeated, but has even fewer "relevant" wins then McD or Waters this year. How can you justify moving Ramos up to #1 if you can't justify moving Waters up?

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    With McDonough's loss to Delgado......Alan Waters will move up to #1 at 125 for the first time!
    A win / loss in the top 5 should not and probably won't cause an earthquake in the rankings as well it probably shouldn't. I'll hedge that since Waters hasn't taken on any of the top 5, combined with the fact that Megalion beat, no pinned Del-gato, McSuckedin nosed out Megalion in OT, the Del-gato win will not instigate much change.

McSuckedin looked bushed against Megalion who was way to cautious. I'm sure Del-gato scutinized that bout and took advantage of every weakness.

Should be one heck of a competitive semi and final should all 4 make it through.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    2012-2013 stats
    McD
    14 - 1
    Vs top 15 guys 5-1
    Vs top 10 guys 2-1

Waters
    20-0
    Vs top 15 guys 5-0
    Vs top 10 guys 3-0

Logically, if the #4 beats the #1, two things can happen: #1 goes down or #4 goes up. In this case, #3 has a win over #4 and #2 is still undefeated for the season. It would be hard to logically justify that #4 can jump over #2 & #3. So the remaining option is to drop #1. (see Chris Perry last week as an example)

If you believe that McD still should be #1 after this loss, ask yourself how many losses will it take before he drops to #2?

Now lets take a look at the 133lb rankings. If Stieber were to lose a match would he retain the #1 ranking? Ramos is undefeated, but has even fewer "relevant" wins then McD or Waters this year. How can you justify moving Ramos up to #1 if you can't justify moving Waters up?
    I dont know how many it would take. Depends who he loses to. McD beat megaludis. Better than any win waters has had.

Let me know when Logan loses, then we will talk. Your hypothetical isnt changing my opinion.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Waters #1, Oh Hell no! He's lucky to be #3 after his nationals last year. I'd keep him no higher than #9 until he proves himself on the big stage. His record fooled me last year. Not anymore.

QUOTE=buckvader;509742]2012-2013 stats
    McD
    14 - 1
    Vs top 15 guys 5-1
    Vs top 10 guys 2-1

Waters
    20-0
    Vs top 15 guys 5-0
    Vs top 10 guys 3-0

Now lets take a look at the 133lb rankings. If Stieber were to lose a match would he retain the #1 ranking? Ramos is undefeated, but has even fewer "relevant" wins then McD or Waters this year. How can you justify moving Ramos up to #1 if you can't justify moving Waters up?[/QUOTE]

Is a win over McDonough good enough to make Waters #1 next week?

Is the National Duals a big enough stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Waters #1, Oh Hell no! He's lucky to be #3 after his nationals last year. I'd keep him no higher than #9 until he proves himself on the big stage. His record fooled me last year. Not anymore.

QUOTE=buckvader;509742]2012-2013 stats
    McD
    14 - 1
    Vs top 15 guys 5-1
    Vs top 10 guys 2-1

Waters
    20-0
    Vs top 15 guys 5-0
    Vs top 10 guys 3-0

[/QUOTE]
    The NCAA selection committee just screwed the Gophers on seeding.

Are you really trying to compare a dual meet with the national tournament?

Waters the clear #1 now, no two ways about it
    Gold is an idiot.