Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wright vs Wilps

Default Re: Wright vs Wilps

I'm not quite sure what happened. Sounds like even QW wasn't sure, as he was interviewed after the bout. He was in on a single and took him towards his back. The PSU announcer was talking with QW afterwards and both said they wanted to see the tape to see what happened. QW said he saw the opening and went for it, it was kind of like "winning the lottery" by QW's words. He is a really likeable, humble guy. Not a standard move I gather.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    Tom, that's old news.
    Burnsie--you beat me! haha

According to Jeff Byers during the match - Q was in on a head inside single, Wilps went over the shoulders, Q started coming up through the legs. Then something happened and Q starting turning back into him and put him to his back.
    I do think the TD was awarded along the way.

Great match, nice payback for Q!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    According to Jeff Byers during the match - Q was in on a head inside single, Wilps went over the shoulders, Q started coming up through the legs. Then something happened and Q starting turning back into him and put him to his back.
    I do think the TD was awarded along the way.
    Thanks, BBL. And to add further info, after what BBL related, Q ended up getting a figure of 4 of Wilps's head and arm that finished off the fall. Q said that he had never done that move before in a match, "it's not like you practice it", but he saw the opening and hit it.

No. 1 Penn State wrestlers take down No. 15 Pitt, 31-7 I Some video highlights from the match, including the pin.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    No. 1 Penn State wrestlers take down No. 15 Pitt, 31-7 I Some video highlights from the match, including the pin.
    Burnsie, thanks for posting. I've really wanted to see it.
    I couldn't get that link to work. I went to their site and used this in their sports section:
    No. 1 Penn State wrestlers take down No. 15 Pitt, 31-7 | www.wjactv.com

You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.