Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seeding in the Big 10 at 133 and 174

Default Re: Seeding in the Big 10 at 133 and 174

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    I honestly don't think Ramos beating Graff is a sure thing, especially if it's not right after weighins.
    Ramos will beat Graff with little issue in my opinion.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post

If you argue that LS is #1 based upon past accomplishments, then don't you have to make the same argument for Ness? Does it then matter then if you wrestle any B1G duals at all if one can rely on past accomplishments? The goal is avoid forfeits (Bradley ducking Gelogaev for example, tho not in B1G conference). The coaches are always going to say that their guy was injured/ill when they miss a big match up, so by stressing conference records the coaches are trying to reduce seeding gamemanship.
    Ness lost to Caleb Irvin. How is that a remotely close example?

Nobody's beaten Logan.

I'm a bit of a fan of Graff, but I think Ramos beats him 90% of the time. Ramos is a beast who actually has a good chance against Stieber, and he's the only guy at that weight who even makes Steiber sweat.
    Last edited by Flop The Nuts; 02-07-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Ramos should be number 1 but Logan will be because that is the way it is. End of discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    Ramos should be number 1 but Logan will be because that is the way it is. End of discussion
    I don't know if I agree with this, but I do think there should be more incentive for the best guys to wrestle in duals. I don't think for a second Logan wasn't hurt, but I do think that coaches intentionally hold guys out. Dom Bradley is a surefire example from last week. And honestly, it's a smart coaching move since there's no repercussions about it.

I'm not sure if Ramos deserves the 1 seed. I'm not sure it matters, but if you wrestle and win every match on your schedule, what else can be done?

I had a post all written wanting the Big (12, whatever) to give Z the #1 seed over Bradley as penalty for Bradley ducking him--then remembered that Missouri isn't in the Big 12 anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Ness lost to Caleb Irvin. How is that a remotely close example?

Nobody's beaten Logan.
    CD and Oliver both did last year. Isn't past accomplishments the entire basis for arguing that Stieber should be seeded #1. Surely it isn't his 3-0 B1G record.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I don't know if I agree with this, but I do think there should be more incentive for the best guys to wrestle in duals.
    Supposedly there is; The whole purpose of emphasizing B1G records is to penalize forfeits. It appears, however, that marquee match ups are becoming rarer and that forfeits are now to be expected.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Supposedly there is; The whole purpose of emphasizing B1G records is to penalize forfeits. It appears, however, that marquee match ups are becoming rarer and that forfeits are now to be expected.
    Other than Stieber/Ramos are there any other marquee match-ups in the B1G that didn't take place so far this year? As we all know, Stieber's not wrestling wasn't a case of ducking a match. It seems to me that winning big team duals is a big priority in the B1G and I don't see coaches in the B1G holding back top wrestlers to avoid an opponent. Maybe I'm missing some, but I can't think of any this year (or even last).