Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you identify these wrestlers?

Quote Originally Posted by rstrong View Post
    DH - Great work, keep us informed. I'm assuming others are like me in that they've got corporate giving campaigns once a year, and whatever we can offer will be matched by our employers. There are many good causes, but I get particularly excited about ones I can relate to...

And, please, NOBODY post a picture of Swayz getting spladled... I beg you...
    Thanks so much! If anyone is interested in giving, it's probably best to contact Jason Bross, the founder of the organization, at greco55kg@yahoo.com .

For right now, he is just giving the money directly to Autism Speaks. For more information on how you can make a contribution both financially as well as through other efforts, visit http://pinningdownautism.com/whatyoucando.html (it's still not 100% built out yet, but check back for more ways you can contribute soon!)

Thanks again for all of the votes of support on this. Hopefully the takedown tournament will be successful and raise a good amount.

We are also trying to find some accomplished wrestlers to come to sign autographs and t-shirts for the high school kids to draw of a crowd, so if you know anyone who lives near NYC that would be willing to come, let me know!

how about BIG?

oh, you said accomplished, my bad...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    how about BIG?

oh, you said accomplished, my bad...
    Ouch.

If only she would have said "If any accomplished posters...."

what comes around.....
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Hi folks,

This effort actually began as a way to add donations to my "Walk Now for Autism" walk team, which is Autism Speaks' flagship fundraising event.

We set up our dual meet tournament as a fund raiser, as did William Floyd coach, Tony Mecca, and sent in the proceeds.

We chose Autism Speaks because their mission is consistent with ours as well as all of the other Autism foundations that have partnered with them. They have also had a regular presence in congress and have been instumental in getting needed legislation passsed.

In short, they are tireless fighters, like us!

Realizing that most of the money raised during tournaments was in the entry fees (which went to the schools), I planned an offseason tournament where the entry fees would become contributions. We run a couple of those every spring anyway. The big picture became clear as we were getting it set up.

Then Danielle swooped down from the heavens and took our cause on her back!

Redshirt

DH, my wife is a Group Manager with Discovery Toys, and they have been doing some amazing things in the last year with AutismSpeaks. She has been involved with the local chapter(Lehigh Valley, PA) and would be glad to send along some brochures and put you in touch with local DT reps who can help explain how these developmental toys can aid in the fight to pin down autism.

Quote Originally Posted by wew View Post
    DH, my wife is a Group Manager with Discovery Toys, and they have been doing some amazing things in the last year with AutismSpeaks. She has been involved with the local chapter(Lehigh Valley, PA) and would be glad to send along some brochures and put you in touch with local DT reps who can help explain how these developmental toys can aid in the fight to pin down autism.
    Hi Wew,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. Does Discovery Toys have a link that I can post on our site with this information?

I am sure I could find it doing a google search, but if you know off the top of your head that would be great!

Thanks again to everyone for all the positive responses we have been getting.

Also, NCAA Runner-up Carl Fronhofer has recently told us that he is coming to the benefit tournament on May 12th and will be signing autographs. So spread the word to anyone who might be interested in coming.

http://www.pinningdownautism.com