Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ncaa championships - div i - tickets (2)

Default Re: Ncaa championships - div i - tickets (2)

Quote Originally Posted by shopping View Post
    Hey.. Me too !
    and I'm a gopher fan
    We should have traded spots then in 2001, the last year that I went in Iowa City. I sat with Gopher fans and it is a large part of the reason why I'm not a Gopher fan today. Got a bit too beligerant for me, especially when they were hammering on Doug Schwab, while Mark Schwab was an assistant coach for Minnesota in those days and not one of them seemed to be able to make the connection.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Ooops

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Ban, I sit with the UNI contingent at nationals just about every year. BURRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
    Me Three! But I am a UNI alum as well. We were able to get 4 tix through UNI this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dback_5 View Post
    Me Three! But I am a UNI alum as well. We were able to get 4 tix through UNI this year.
    Wow! I would hate to ask what your standing is with the "powers that be" that made that decision!

I can safely tell you that I wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell of getting even one ticket. That's how low on that pecking order that I would be.

Congrats and call yourself LUCKY!

I am surprised at how slow UNI is at releasing NCAA ticket allocations.

Very lucky. But we need 20 tickets in our group this year. We are a ways away and getting them has been an absolute nightmare.

Not sure if this is of any use to anyone, but I've copied and pasted this below from Panther Nation. It is a report about the ticket situation from UNI.

As most of you know there is a limited number of tickets available to UNI fans
    at the Nationals in Des Moines at the Well Fargo Arena this year. So, for those
    who do not have tickets we have arranged for a large screen TV set up at the
    Holiday Inn (top floor) for viewing of the semifinals on Friday night and finals
    on Saturday night for UNI fans to watch the wrestling. There is no charge and a
    cash bar will be provided.

The coaching staff is getting a lot of
    questions on when people will know if they are going to get the tickets for
    Nationals through Northern Iowa. Doug is working on that list right now and
    hopes to turn the list over to the ticket office very soon. What he is not sure
    of is how soon the ticket office will be informing people if they did or did not
    get tickets. The sooner they do the better, so people can make appropriate
    plans. Coach did say we had over 500 requests for tickets. After taking out
    tickets for wrestlers' families, UNI staff etc. he had around 200 tickets left
    to allocate.

I've never been to an NCAA championship thingy, but I have a question. Is the reason you're ordering through UNI (or any other school) is so you can sit with other like-minded people? Otherwise you could just buy on the open market, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I've never been to an NCAA championship thingy, but I have a question. Is the reason you're ordering through UNI (or any other school) is so you can sit with other like-minded people? Otherwise you could just buy on the open market, right?
    I haven't gone to nationals since 2001 and not going this year either. However, I think that most order through their school (1) to be able to sit with like minded people and people that they know, (2) because they get preference for tickets being season ticket holders and (3) it's the easiest way to get tickets.

As for me, though, I'm always the troubled loner, plotting his revenge on the world, so I don't sit with anyone anyway. I'm too engaged in the action to talk to anyone.