Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ncaa championships - div i - tickets (2)

Default Re: Ncaa championships - div i - tickets (2)

There are so many wrestling fans in the state of Iowa, that won't travel long distances to see wrestling, but will go when local. Many probably have friends in and around Des Moines and many are traveling back and forth missing some of the morning sessions. This makes it a once in a great while opportunity for some local fans and that is driving prices up. I still don't think the $1000+/tickets will hold (if any are selling, I think most are asking and not getting) and tickets will get cheaper closer to Nationals.

I'm not sure how this mess got so overlooked by the powers that be.

I'm not the sharpest blade in the drawer, but when Des Moines was chosen people were hooting and hollering over HOW GREAT that it's back in Iowa, I knew otherwise. As is often the case, I was the lone stick in the mud constantly saying that (1) the arena isn't large enough and (2) there isn't enough close hotel rooms to accommodate.

Not to toot my own horn, but...

As an aside, UNI is literally picking and choosing among their donors who is getting tickets for this. Translation? The big money folks are TOPS on the list.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

ban - did u get tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    ban - did u get tickets?
    No, and nor did I try. I prefer to save all of the money and all other hassles and just watch it on tv these days in the comforts of home. You can get qtrs, semis, finals, round of 12 matches, and consis. on tv nowdays.

With that said, I'd never get tickets anyway, as I'd be WAY LOW on that pecking order at UNI.

I got tickets. Got family in D.M.
    Looking forward to a Dake - Taylor rematch. Unless Mike Moreno pulls the upset, then I'd be find with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    I got tickets. Got family in D.M.
    Looking forward to a Dake - Taylor rematch. Unless Mike Moreno pulls the upset, then I'd be find with that too.
    My son lives in DM too (Johnston, actually), so I would have a place to stay to cut lodging costs big time.

Ban I was on the same page as you the entire time. I knew this would become an epic failure when they announced DSM as the location. I have tickets now but man what a joke!

Ban, I sit with the UNI contingent at nationals just about every year. BURRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Ban, I sit with the UNI contingent at nationals just about every year. BURRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
    Hey.. Me too !
    and I'm a gopher fan