Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thems Some Tough Tigers!

Default Re: Thems Some Tough Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Nope. This dope already knows that they are discussed too much, so I'm never surprised to see too many threads on them.

However, I'll always take my potshots at them, as one who actually lives in the state and has to deal with them daily, they're a fan base that we can do without as Panther fans. I never heard booing and yells for "stalling" before this bunch started coming to our meets and tournaments.
    Ban, most Panther fans are Hawkeye fans first and foremost. If you ever left the Cedar Valley you might know this. I even know a few people that went to UNI, are big wrestling fans, but cheer for Iowa before UNI. So, instead of alienating half of the Panther fan base because they are Hawkeye fans too, you might want to thank us for supporting the Panthers also.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by GaCoach View Post
    Joey Lazor, my GA boy, doing work!!!
    Lazor is completely our go-to guy right now! Yes, Loder has the recognition and the ranking, but Lazor is our bread and butter right now.

I even think he makes the stand this year, if he keeps doing what he's doing!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Ban, most Panther fans are Hawkeye fans first and foremost. If you ever left the Cedar Valley you might know this. I even know a few people that went to UNI, are big wrestling fans, but cheer for Iowa before UNI. So, instead of alienating half of the Panther fan base because they are Hawkeye fans too, you might want to thank us for supporting the Panthers also.
    So, where were they before Schwab came? As a Panther fan of 20 years, I never saw all of these "Panther/Hawkeye fans" prior to three years ago.

I, for one, am PERFECTLY happy with alienating them. Like I said, that's a bunch that we don't need, with their booing, poor sportsmanship, and screams of "stalling." This has all JUST happened since these people jumped on the bandwagon, trust me.

In the Cedar Valley, we're definitely UNI fans, first and foremost, but even at that there are only a handful of hardcores who have always been there. Through thick and thin, as I always say!

Maybe they had standards before Schwab?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

It's pretty hard to come out and support your second favorite team when it appears that they don't care about getting better. I went and watched when I lived in Cedar Falls but have not made the trip back to a dual there in six years. I spend my money traveling to watch Iowa, but still cheer for UNI. UNI will never have a huge base. It's the secondary fans from just outside of the area that are going to fill the seats. There are lots of wrestling fans around there, but most of them already have a favorite team, for football reasons, and it's not UNI.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I see. So, this thread started out talking about the the Missouri vs UNI dual and moved to the Missouri NIU dual. Got to keep my initials straight!
    I wouldn't worry about that, as I feel like UNI and NIU are the most mixed up set of school initials on these here Wrestling Internet Forums. Duals were on back-to-back days so I figured I'd piggyback off Ban's thread. He's the resident UNI fan, I cover NIU and Russ begrudgingly covers Indiana. We tend to overlap...

No problem Gantry--keeps me humble! My wife is good at that too!

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Maybe they had standards before Schwab?
    That may have been the answer, except for the fact that UNI hasn't had a top DI team in nearly 60 years, and UNI was a better team than Iowa in those days.

I'm on record as saying that we're still unproven. Time will tell...
    Last edited by ban basketball; 01-30-2013 at 11:23 AM.