Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: PSU vs Iowa Dual

Default Re: PSU vs Iowa Dual

Kelly got thrown twice against Osterman!

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    You're right--Alton gets almost all of his falls off of TD's. I think this is either a fall or regular decision and agree I don't think Kelly will let AA work his throws. But, I think AA will have a better gas tank this match. He will have a battle to not get overamped wrestling at CHA, but I'm counting on the coaching staff helping him pace himself better. If AA loses we are in DEEP trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Kelly got thrown twice against Osterman!
    Kelly may have not been looking for the throw so much against Osterman. And, there wasn't as much riding on the match. But that's very interesting--didn't know that.

125 McDonough dec Megaludis 3-0 Iowa

133 Ramos mdec Conaway 7-0 Iowa

141 Ballweg dec Pearsall 10-0 (Ballweg will be close to a md here)

149 Alton dec Kelly 10-3 Iowa

157 St. John dec Alton 13-3 Iowa

165 Taylor md Moore 13-7 Iowa (there are going to be some funky scrambles in this one)

174 Evans dec Brown (this one is going to be a brawl) 16-7 Iowa

184 Ruth TF Lofthouse 16-12 Iowa

197 Wright md Burak 16-16

Hwt Telford dec Gingrich 19-16 Iowa
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Well here is my breakdown of that dual. I have my tickets in hand and can't wait for this dual.

125 #1 McD vs #2 Meg 3-0 Iowa
    133 #2 Ramos vs Conaway 7-0 Iowa
    141 #9 Ballweg vs Pearsall 11-0 Iowa
    149 Kelly vs #3 A. Alton 11-3 Iowa
    157 #1 DSJ vs D. Alton 14-3 Iowa
    165 #2 Taylor vs #18 Moore 14-8 Iowa
    174 #6 Evans vs #3 Brown 17-8 Iowa
    184 #1 Ruth vs #14 Lofthouse 17-13 Iowa
    197 #3 Wright vs UR Burak 17-16 Iowa
    Hwt #5 Telford vs #18 Gingrich 20-16 Iowa

Mcd guts out the W. IIRC Meg has never taken McD down and I don't think he does in Carver. I see McD winning 3-1

Ramos will get the Major in Carver. Let us not forget that Graff was on his way to a Maj before totally running low on gas. Ramos will not run low on gas I promise.

Ballweg will bet the Major. I think Ballweg is under the radar a bit and he will come to the party for bonus. Carver will be rocking and Pearsall will feel the heat in period 3.

A. Alton was totally gassed against Neb last weekend. Kelly needs to survive the 1st period without a big move. The longer this match goes the more Kelly will keep it to a Dec

DSJ is just a tough dude. D. Alton will get frustrated my his hand fighting and scrambling and leave himself open. DSJ wins this match like 5-2

Taylor is just too much for Moore to keep it to a Dec. If Moore can somehow keep this to a Maj it will be a victory for IA. I see Taylor getting the tech here.

Evans won't loose in Carver against Brown. Brown has been sloppy from being aggressive and that plays into Evans hands. I see Evans winning by 4-1

Ruth will get the TF. I know he is a pinner but Lofthouse has never been pinned or TF for that matter I don't think. Ruth has maj him but I see a TF this time.

Q will squeak a W out on this match. Burak is coming on and he is solid on his feet. I don't see Burak falling for Q's big move. It will be closer than experts think.

Telford will need the W to clinch the dual. I think Bob knows he needs to pick up the action if he wants to be a AA this year. Bob wins in a snoozefest

Iowa puts 15,000+ in the seats and PSU will be amazed at the intensity of the crowd. I see IA winning this dual 20-16. Remember Carver is the toughest place to wrestle let alone when 15,000+ fans are breathing down your neck. It seems like the Carver magic comes up big in an unexpected match so be on alert for a big upset. I could see Q as the only possible chance of an upset for IA. Q has laid an egg before against an inferior opponent from IA so history may repeat itself. I am not saying Burak is better but Q does seem to have atleast 1 stupid match every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    125 McDonough dec Megaludis 3-0 Iowa

133 Ramos mdec Conaway 7-0 Iowa

141 Ballweg dec Pearsall 10-0 (Ballweg will be close to a md here)

149 Alton dec Kelly 10-3 Iowa

157 St. John dec Alton 13-3 Iowa

165 Taylor md Moore 13-7 Iowa (there are going to be some funky scrambles in this one)

174 Evans dec Brown (this one is going to be a brawl) 16-7 Iowa

184 Ruth TF Lofthouse 16-12 Iowa

197 Wright md Burak 16-16

Hwt Telford dec Gingrich 19-16 Iowa

My exact picks, except I gave Taylor a 5 TF
    Going to be awesome!

Once again , 174 is the key .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I agree that 174 is the closest match-up and is critical. But I don't see it as the only key. I think PSU has at least a 50% chance of winning one of 125, 157, Hwt. Not favored at any of those to be sure, but not out of it either. If Evans wins, but PSU wins 1 out of those 3, based on the most of the Iowa predictions PSU would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Well here is my breakdown of that dual. I have my tickets in hand and can't wait for this dual.

157 #1 DSJ vs D. Alton 14-3 Iowa

Bummer that Dylan Alton is no longer ranked. That makes a win by him seem less likely

Ballweg will get the Major. I think Ballweg is under the radar a bit and he will come to the party for bonus. Carver will be rocking and Pearsall will feel the heat in period 3.

One thing about Pearsall is that he can slow down a match, making the major a long shot. I'm not familiar with how good Ballweg is at getting out from bottom, but I wouldn't be surprised if Persall was on top for 2 minutes or more (depending on choices in 2nd and 3rd). I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up the ride time point but lost the decision. He still isn't getting much going on his feet against good guys, so if he is losing going into the 3rd (very possibly giving up a couple takedowns early), I could see him picking top.

A. Alton was totally gassed against Neb last weekend. Kelly needs to survive the 1st period without a big move. The longer this match goes the more Kelly will keep it to a Dec
    Absolutely True! AA will hold up better than he did last week, but I'd be surprised if he can go full motor for 7 minutes yet, especially in a tight match in Carver.

DSJ is just a tough dude. D. Alton will get frustrated by his eye gouging and scrambling and leave himself open. DSJ wins this match like 5-2
    Fixed that for you.

Q will squeak a W out on this match. Burak is coming on and he is solid on his feet. I don't see Burak falling for Q's big move. It will be closer than experts think.
    Interesting call. I'd pick Q for at least a major, and I think Burak will give up at least one set of back points.

Iowa puts 15,000+ in the seats and PSU will be amazed at the intensity of the crowd. I see IA winning this dual 20-16. Remember Carver is the toughest place to wrestle let alone when 15,000+ fans are breathing down your neck. It seems like the Carver magic comes up big in an unexpected match so be on alert for a big upset. I could see Q as the only possible chance of an upset for IA. Q has laid an egg before against an inferior opponent from IA so history may repeat itself. I am not saying Burak is better but Q does seem to have atleast 1 stupid match every year.
    I think 157 and 174 are PSU's best shots at taking the match. I think Dylan can beat STJ, but he will have to wrestle his best. Brown can do it, but he absolutely has to stop leaving himself open, as you said (which should be doable). If Iowa gets them both, I think 19-18 is the score.

Blue DSJ is probably 1 of the best hand fighters in the country. I wouldn't suggest he is an eye gouger by any means. He is just hard nosed and tough. I mean who makes the NCAA finals on 1 leg? DSJ does.

Q is really dangerous for certain. I just think people are under estimating Burak on his feet. After all he did spend a year at the OTC (wrestling on his feet) which will help him not get tossed to his back. I think Q will be more dangerous trying for the spladel against Burak than tossing him. Carver is not friendly to the opposition and Q does have a history of under performing in duals against IA. Like I stated earlier he seems to have a bone head match during the year and I predict this to be it. I still think he wins but won't be surprised if it is by DEC only. Burak is no slouch from his feet. Also remember Vinny Wagner gave Q all he wanted and then some last year. He was way undersized and couldn't finish shots otherwise Q may have suffered the upset. Burak is built better but needs to finish unlike Wagner. Also Q was only able to DEC both Atwood and Schiller. Burak lost in OT to Schiller last week and Atwood beat him like 4-1 before he started to turn the corner.
    Last edited by Chop; 01-31-2013 at 11:06 AM.