Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: PSU vs Iowa Dual

Default Re: PSU vs Iowa Dual

Almost looked like St. John tried to uppercut the guy in the nose and the guy took offense to it. Not sure what to make of that. First I thought he was just reaching for his head but then noticed he had a closed fist. Evans guy just appeared to lose it for no reason. What does it take to get thrown out of a match? I would think landing a blow pretty much seal the deal. I've never seen anything like that in my years of wrestling.
    Last edited by Daisy Cutter; 01-30-2013 at 08:38 AM.

This is what I wrote on HR. I still stand by it.

125 McD dec Mega 3-0 Iowa
    133 Ramos maj Conaway 7-0 Iowa
    141 Ballweg dec Pearsall 10-0 Iowa
    149 Alton dec Kelly 10-3 Iowa
    157 DSJ dec Alton 13-3 Iowa
    165 Taylor TF Moore 13-8 Iowa
    174 Evans dec Brown 16-8 Iowa
    184 Ruth maj Lofthouse 16-12 Iowa
    197 Wright dec Burak 16-15 Iowa
    285 Telford dec Gingrich 19-15 Iowa

This is going to be a fun dual if we can keep from getting pinned. Taylor, Ruth and Wright could all get falls. Ruth can turn anyone, Taylor can turn anyone not named Dake and Wright loves to throw. If we don't stay off our backs we will lose the dual.

I'd like to say that Moore won't get TF'd since he's been wrestling much better lately but Taylor is just that good and I can see him racking up the cheap near fall points.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    This is what I wrote on HR. I still stand by it.

125 McD dec Mega 3-0 Iowa
    133 Ramos maj Conaway 7-0 Iowa
    141 Ballweg dec Pearsall 10-0 Iowa
    149 Alton dec Kelly 10-3 Iowa
    157 DSJ dec Alton 13-3 Iowa
    165 Taylor TF Moore 13-8 Iowa
    174 Evans dec Brown 16-8 Iowa
    184 Ruth maj Lofthouse 16-12 Iowa
    197 Wright dec Burak 16-15 Iowa
    285 Telford dec Gingrich 19-15 Iowa

This is going to be a fun dual if we can keep from getting pinned. Taylor, Ruth and Wright could all get falls. Ruth can turn anyone, Taylor can turn anyone not named Dake and Wright loves to throw. If we don't stay off our backs we will lose the dual.

I'd like to say that Moore won't get TF'd since he's been wrestling much better lately but Taylor is just that good and I can see him racking up the cheap near fall points.
    Good post! And I agree with you. The match-ups are tough on PSU with our best guys not getting Iowa's best guys. Our best hope is to have that translate into falls. Otherwise, Iowa is favored in 6/10. I would put A Alton in the group as being able to possibly get the fall. Should be a great dual. It starts at 2 AM my time, but I'll be awake for it!!

125 McD dec Mega 3-0 Iowa (It will be close...McD is just better)
    133 Ramos dec Conaway 6-0 Iowa (Ramos will win by 5-7pts, but Conaway will hold off the major)
    141 Ballweg dec Pearsall 9-0 Iowa
    149 Alton dec Kelly 9-3 Iowa
    157 Alton dec DSJ 9-6 Iowa (Alton finally breaks through with a 3rd period take-down...no OT!)
    165 Taylor TF Moore 9-11 PSU (TF early in the 3rd)
    174 Evans dec Brown 12-11 Iowa (Close, but Evans grinds out the win)
    184 Ruth maj Lofthouse 12-15 PSU (Ruth will win by 10-12pts, Lofthouse stalls to avoid the TF)
    197 Wright dec Burak 12-18 PSU (Burak wrestles tough but the better, more experienced wrestler wins)
    285 Telford dec Gingrich 15-18 PSU

DT wasted too much time riding Evans last year. Needs to get a few TD's early then worry about turn. He's good at going from TD right to a turn. The turns will happen but he needs to keep scoring. In the minute he rides to get 2 swipes he could take Moore down 3 times.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Tom, Andrew Alton is a big move guy as well. I see Kelly staying away from the big moves until Alton gets tired. I still think Alton wins, but Kelly could really put the pressure on if Alton gasses.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

but Kelly could really put the pressure on if Alton gasses.
    Change the word "if" to "when" and I'd agree with everything you said.

Tom, Andrew Alton is a big move guy as well. I see Kelly staying away from the big moves until Alton gets tired. I still think Alton wins, but Kelly could really put the pressure on if Alton gasses.
    You're right--Alton gets almost all of his falls off of TD's. I think this is either a fall or regular decision and agree I don't think Kelly will let AA work his throws. But, I think AA will have a better gas tank this match. He will have a battle to not get overamped wrestling at CHA, but I'm counting on the coaching staff helping him pace himself better. If AA loses we are in DEEP trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    DT wasted too much time riding Evans last year. Needs to get a few TD's early then worry about turn. He's good at going from TD right to a turn. The turns will happen but he needs to keep scoring. In the minute he rides to get 2 swipes he could take Moore down 3 times.
    Vais--If I didn't know better I would think you are cheering for DT! I hope he reads your post for some good advice!!