Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: # 4 Iowa Hawkeyes vs. # 3 Minnesota Golden Gophers: Discussion, Predictions, and Results

Default Re: # 4 Iowa Hawkeyes vs. # 3 Minnesota Golden Gophers: Discussion, Predictions, and Results

Ramos wins 8-2, puts Iowa up 6-0. Would have liked to see a better showing from Chris but as far as the dual's outcome things are still as expected.

If the Gophers get this next one I don't see how they lose the dual.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: # 4 Iowa Hawkeyes vs. # 3 Minnesota Golden Gophers: Discussion, Predictions, and Results

Agree, next match is big. A lot of Iowa people are assuming Ballweg wins this but I think this is really a coin flip

Ness pinning himself would do it, Jensen.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Halfway through the first Ballweg takes a rare shot but Dardanes does a nice job turning and kicking away.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Zapp, your boy Evans has his eye of the tiger look going on the bench.

Jason Ness has a big head

Dardanes out quickly in the third to tie the match up 1-1

Ballweg wins 3-1.

Dardanes taking lots of shots trying to find a TD and basically walks right into a double leg.

Frustrating loss, but again at least when I was forecasting the dual things are still as expected.

Wow, two completely evenly matched wrestlers. Couple of tough hard nosed kids