Thread: Metcalf v. Schlatter I Video

Default Metcalf v. Schlatter I Video

2005 Medina Tournament- Dustin Schlatter vs. Brent Metcalf - YouTube

This popped up on Youtube today. I've never seen it (and unfortunately I'm not going to be able to watch and comment on it tonight) so I figured there might be some here as well who hadn't and would want to.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: Metcalf v. Schlatter I Video

Nothing special-the announcers are ludicrous
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Can't watch right now, but I remember thinking there was some fishy officiating that went in Metcalf's favor here. Then again, I felt there was some fishy officiating in the Senior National finals that went in Schlatter's favor, so maybe that balances out?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Things I learned:
    One of them likes that blow by
    One of them relies on his flexibility (which is ok because he is more flexible than his brother)

And one of them learned to push his opponent after the action had stopped and both of them were standing out of bounds even before he went to college

Don't have time right now to watch this right now--I assume from HS. To my recollection, they only wrestled once in college, in the B1G finals when Schlatter was up in the 3rd period but tired and Metcalf pulled it out. Did they ever wrestle in college other than that? What a shame that injuries (and transfers) kept these guys from wrestling more than once in college--if indeed it WAS only once. If both were healthy and at the same weight they would have had one great rivalry!!!

Was just the once in college, 08 Big 10 finals.

Got done watching, definitely a match to where the build up and the anticipation out paced the actual quality of the match
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12