Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

Default Re: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Have we?

My perception (and maybe this is just me) of the "Andrew Alton has a bad gas tank" idea is that it seemingly arose and has been maintained off the basis of his one match with Marion.
    Well, even assuming that's true, we also have today's match. Now, I haven't watched a ton of him this year, but his true frosh year, I remember him gassing against Marion, Russell at least once, and Kemmerer just right off the top of my head.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Whatever the perception there's just no excuse this far into the season for AA to run out gas like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I think Ruth is going to tech Lofthouse
    If Ethens lucky.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Excellent! I'm hoping for a stong finish for Sueflohn this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Alton gets stuck in the 3rd, tried a crazy roll through and was too gassed to fight.

Good win for Alton. I thought Green would handle him pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Alton gets at TD with 13 secs left, wins 3-1

Going to intermission

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Excellent! I'm hoping for a stong finish for Sueflohn this year!
    As a Wisconsin fan, watching the trio of Dieringer, Thielke and Sueflohn, I always thought Sueflohn was going to end up having the best career, so I'm with you. I think he's going to peak in March and finish in the top 5...and if he gets a good draw, who knows.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Have we?

My perception (and maybe this is just me) of the "Andrew Alton has a bad gas tank" idea is that it seemingly arose and has been maintained off the basis of his one match with Marion.
    I admit that I'm not sure what happened with AA's gas tank last night. But it's something more than not being in shape. Even before that Marion match 2 years ago that Shane noted, I had heard that AA tends to get really pumped up before matches and can sometimes almost burn himself out before the match. It could be that his first match back after suspension he got too pumped up. Maybe it's something else. But he does not always have gas tank issues in 7 minute matches. But, again, I admit that I don't really know what's going on. Hope it gets worked out!

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I admit that I'm not sure what happened with AA's gas tank last night. But it's something more than not being in shape. Even before that Marion match 2 years ago that Shane noted, I had heard that AA tends to get really pumped up before matches and can sometimes almost burn himself out before the match. It could be that his first match back after suspension he got too pumped up. Maybe it's something else. But he does not always have gas tank issues in 7 minute matches. But, again, I admit that I don't really know what's going on. Hope it gets worked out!
    I think Tom has it nailed on this one - first match back after a suspension, home crowd, wrestling a really good kid. AA definitely was going full speed at the first whistle, and I think he was emotionally a little too amped up. The pace was truly awesome in the first period, it was largely AA creating the action and Sueflohn spent more time fighting him off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying any stalling by him, it was really good wrestling by both guys. Unfortunately for AA, and fortunately for Sueflohn, AA was really creating the action and therefore Sueflohn was conserving energy by controlling/defending early on - so he had more left to go on the offensive later.

AA didn't look quite as sharp as he did during the middle of his freshman year, and I think if he had wrestled the Scuffle instead of the Franklin and Marshall Open, he would have looked better yesterday. My prediction: no gas tank issues by the Illinois match. Of course he has Iowa first...