Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 71

Thread: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

  1. #10

    Default Re: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I think Brown beats Kokesh. Kokesh struggled with Evans last year in large part due to Evans physical style. Brown isn't the hammer on top Evans can be, but he wrestles a very physical, brutal style from neutral. Brown DEC Kokesh.
    That's going to be a good one, and I agree with your pick.

    I also think Green beats Vollrath without much of a problem.

  2. #11

    Default Re: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

    I like Brown to beat Kokesh also.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

    I'll just say that I was hearing a lot of doubts about Kokesh before Midlands, but he sure looked good at Midlands to me.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I'll just say that I was hearing a lot of doubts about Kokesh before Midlands, but he sure looked good at Midlands to me.

    Wrestling zero top 8 wrestlers.

    Perry, Storley, Evans, Brown, Heflin, Asper all were elsewhere. He didn't face Blanton. Not his fault, but theres a reason he looked impressive. He didn't face the best guys.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

    #2 Storley (Minnesota) Dec Kokesh 3-1SV
    Kokesh Dec #12 Zannetti (Rutgers) 6-2
    Kokesh Maj #9 Munster (Northwestern) 10-2
    Kokesh Dec #13 Brown (Lehigh) 8-4
    Kokesh Dec #10 Yates (Michigan) 8-3
    Kokesh Maj #9 Munster (Northwestern) 11-3
    Kokesh Dec #8 Blanton (Illinois) 8-3

    Brown's record does not stand up to what Kokesh has done. Nagel, Sueflohn, Green, and Kokesh are all favorites and Spencer Johnson may surprise Gingrich. I look for Wilson to start as Koehn looked very bad against Polz and 165 may be out of reach for him.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

  6. #15

    Default Re: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Wrestling zero top 8 wrestlers.

    Perry, Storley, Evans, Brown, Heflin, Asper all were elsewhere. He didn't face Blanton. Not his fault, but theres a reason he looked impressive. He didn't face the best guys.
    Maybe, but he sure put the spank on Munster, who wasn't wrestling too shabby that weekend.

    I sure liked what I saw from him, regardless of opponent.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    #2 Storley (Minnesota) Dec Kokesh 3-1SV
    Kokesh Dec #12 Zannetti (Rutgers) 6-2
    Kokesh Maj #9 Munster (Northwestern) 10-2
    Kokesh Dec #13 Brown (Lehigh) 8-4
    Kokesh Dec #10 Yates (Michigan) 8-3
    Kokesh Maj #9 Munster (Northwestern) 11-3
    Kokesh Dec #8 Blanton (Illinois) 8-3

    Brown's record does not stand up to what Kokesh has done. Nagel, Sueflohn, Green, and Kokesh are all favorites and Spencer Johnson may surprise Gingrich. I look for Wilson to start as Koehn looked very bad against Polz and 165 may be out of reach for him.
    Exactly. If I were a betting man...
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #17

    Default Re: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

    I will say Kokesh has surprised me already some this season, so maybe Im just going to be late to the party with him.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  9. #18
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Nebraska vs Penn St Predictions

    I'm not saying Kokesh is terrible, I just think stylistically it's tough for him. A guy like Storley is a relatively "easier" match up from a style standpoint, even if Storley might be the better overall wrestler than Brown and Evans.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •