Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota v. Illinois

Default Re: Minnesota v. Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Good ankle shots, with quick finishes, will do that to anyone though. With ankle picks, specifically, that hit, I'm not sure that I've ever thought of or seen a defense that can stop that.

I agree ban. Ness just seems to score most of his points from kids trying to finish around his waist. Most kids can stalemate that position but few actually try Ness's type funk from that position. Attack him low and don't allow him his hips is the recipe for success against Ness.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Attack him low and don't allow him his hips is the recipe for success against Ness.
    100% this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    I agree ban. Ness just seems to score most of his points from kids trying to finish around his waist. Most kids can stalemate that position but few actually try Ness's type funk from that position. Attack him low and don't allow him his hips is the recipe for success against Ness.
    Pass this along to Mike Kelly.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Any comments on Chris Dardanes? I haven't seen the match but it sounds like he really got pounded. I would expect that to be a fairly large upset?

Rumors swirling he had the flu. His feet were in cement so it makes sense.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Eggum said one of the guys was sick. Storley said in his interview that CD was sick all week. Minny doesn't have a 133 backup they can put out there so they'd have to forfeit w/o Chris.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    All the things I've heard, mostly from Minny posters, was the the reason Ness was out for most of the beginning of the year was a back injury. I suppose they could have been wrong/lying, but what have you heard?
    It's important to note that the Gophers have not officially released anything concerning Ness's time off.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Eggum said one of the guys was sick. Storley said in his interview that CD was sick all week. Minny doesn't have a 133 backup they can put out there so they'd have to forfeit w/o Chris.
    What about Thane ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Any comments on Chris Dardanes? I haven't seen the match but it sounds like he really got pounded. I would expect that to be a fairly large upset?
    I only saw brief highlights- I got the idea the other guy scored a big move early, and Dardanes was reckless in trying to catch up, thus giving up more big points.