Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Versus Penn State

Default Re: Wisconsin Versus Penn State

Graff goes down to Conway 10-8 in OT.

Was cruising before shutting down and giving up a couple of TD's late in the third, was in on a good shot and got stalemated in OT then off the subsequent restart took an awful shot and gave up an easy go behind.

While he finished as B10 runner up and as an All American as a sophomore he still has never really seemed like the same guy he was during his freshman year and the first half to three quarters of his sophomore year.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Huge win for Conaway...definitely could help with seeding come B1G's.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Graff was gassed from cutting down to 133's.
    I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score
    -Dan Gable

Q goes with the split scissors yet again. If you think you should have fun and enjoy wrestling, you have to love how this kid is wrestling this year.

Conaway and Graff had some excellent scrambles. I usually think of Graff as a guy who is quick and very good technically, so I was impressed that Jordan was wrestling him that well. Graff definitely faded. Graff had to hate himself for taking a horrible shot in OT and literally letting Conaway run around for the winning TD.

Good calls on Gingrich having trouble. I was worried when it was announced he'd go first - I think he is still working to get comfortable as a college starter in the spotlight, and going first as a heavyweight doesn't help that. But he absolutely has to become more active earlier in matches.

Here I am a Sconny fan......laughting uncontrollably watching both DT and Q wrestling!! Geez, they are fun to watch. It is guys like that who are necessary to bring non traditional fans into wrestling meets. And both of them look so inocuous when they are being interviewed; just a couple of big funloving kids. Graff said that his goal when he came to Sconny was to be a 4 time Champ; somehow, don't think that it is in the cards.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

I loved the way Taylor was just sitting on top of the kid he mutilated -looked like a 10 year old.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

On the plus side Medberry and Cole Schmitt wrestled awesome matches. Been waiting to see Cole wrestle like that since early last year. Hopefully he's going to do a Jordan like turn around heading into nationals. Scott Liegel wrestled a great match against Brown. He's an up and comer if he keeps wrestling like that. Hein getting pinned in a standing banana splits is totally unacceptable. He's better than that. Graff was terrible after the first period. He was making freshmen mistakes on his feet and his refusal to even attempt to ride or turn anyone is the reason he'll never beat the best guys who can. If I was Barry I would order him for the rest of the year to not let anyone up. His take em down, let em up strategy is ruining is progression. Everyone knows he's usually good at takedowns. Looked to me like half the Badgers came to wrestler and the other half did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    On the plus side Medberry and Cole Schmitt wrestled awesome matches. Been waiting to see Cole wrestle like that since early last year. Hopefully he's going to do a Jordan like turn around heading into nationals. Scott Liegel wrestled a great match against Brown. He's an up and comer if he keeps wrestling like that. Hein getting pinned in a standing banana splits is totally unacceptable. He's better than that. Graff was terrible after the first period. He was making freshmen mistakes on his feet and his refusal to even attempt to ride or turn anyone is the reason he'll never beat the best guys who can. If I was Barry I would order him for the rest of the year to not let anyone up. His take em down, let em up strategy is ruining is progression. Everyone knows he's usually good at takedowns. Looked to me like half the Badgers came to wrestler and the other half did not.
    I don't know if it will make you feel any better about Hein's pin, but ASU's #7 Meredith was pinned by Quentin with the same split scissors in the final of the Scuffle.

Thanks Tom, that does make me feel a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I don't know if it will make you feel any better about Hein's pin, but ASU's #7 Meredith was pinned by Quentin with the same split scissors in the final of the Scuffle.