Thread: Lone Star Duals!

Default Lone Star Duals!

My dad's team is gonna be there, and so am I! Windsor High School from Colorado.
    I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score
    -Dan Gable

Default Re: Lone Star Duals!

my school's team too, Archbishop Rummel from Louisiana. Hoping to have a good showing as it's the first time for us at this tournament. The last 2 years our travel week was to Beast of the East. Good Luck to your team as well.

We took second, we beat Staley in the semis, 42-24 then lost to Brother Martin, a private school in Louisiana. it was an awesome dual, came to the last match at 170 lbs, we got a takedown in overtime, but then was waved off, then our guy selected bottom, he got out then in the next overtime, the other guy got a reversal with 10 seconds left. final score was 29-28
    -Dan Gable

Brother Martin is running game in Louisiana right now. we got spanked by BM the other week in our dual meet, 58-9. 170, Albrecht is 1 in LA right now. Our 170, Darwin is 2 and took him into OT too. We are gonna have another shot at him this weekend.

Our 170 pounder is a sophomore and is ranked #11
    -Dan Gable

is he 11 in the state? Gene Mills was down in Baton Rouge for a tournament a couple weeks ago and said he would consider Brother Martin a top 25 team in the country. This weekend is our state's biggest tournament Louisiana Classic (former the Lee High Invitational). My Senior year in 2000, Brother Martin set the team record that was previously set by El Reno in 1999 (team had Tyrone Lewis). There coach said they are looking to beat that record this year as well as the team points record at state also set by the 2000 team.