Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did any of the all-time great teams...?

Default Re: Did any of the all-time great teams...?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Those chaps would have to be jolly good.
    Oops .. fixed it. Good Day sir

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    The allstars would have had 5 second place finishes and 5 champions, so to answer your question, no it's not possible.
    Despite the fact that this is true and it could never happen, this is the exact kind of question I'd have geeked out on trying to answer if I still didn't have a job.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I bet that this HAS happened at the HS level in the past with some dominant teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I dont believe this would be mathematically possible, even if a team had 10 champs the field would have 10x 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th placers, which would most definitely be worth more Points
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    I dont believe this would be mathematically possible, even if a team had 10 champs the field would have 10x 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th placers, which would most definitely be worth more Points
    Nono. It's only the top placer outside of the "top team". So, for instance, with Okie State's 5 champ team, the opposing "all star" team would have 5 champs and 5 runners up.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I just did a couple of quick calculations based on Okie States 5 champ team and Iowa's record setting 1997 team. Both teams lost to the "highest non-championship team placer". Okie State lost 209-153. Iowa lost 202-170.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I just did a couple of quick calculations based on Okie States 5 champ team and Iowa's record setting 1997 team. Both teams lost to the "highest non-championship team placer". Okie State lost 209-153. Iowa lost 202-170.
    So Iowa was within 30 points which in my mind in not insurmountable. Throw in a few more pins and/or bonus points from a few of their guys plus maybe one or two more AA performances out of their guys that didin't place, and then maybe you make that difference up. Easier said than done obviously, the chaps on that team would bloody well be pretty bad-assed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    It is crazy to consider that the 1997 Iowa lost 21-13 to OKlahoma State at the National Duals

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    It is crazy to consider that the 1997 Iowa lost 21-13 to OKlahoma State at the National Duals
    yeah no kidding, but thats why they were the underdog going into that national tournament.